I think what you meant to say was, Does an excess of advils make you need to shred?
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Pain killers don't make you want to shred... I haven't tested it though so it could cause such behaviour.
Quote by guitarmageddon0
does excess shredding ever make you need to take advil? or is that a problem that only i have?

How fast are you playing to actually be able to induce headaches and general bodily pain? You really have to do a lesson on that.
It's never happened to me, but hear this:

After I take my dog running, I give him a Motrin (different drug than Advil but the same desired effect) so his legs won't hurt. A walk with him lasts 20 minutes, maybe 30. Imagine how much stress you're putting on your finger and hand muscles when you're shredding 4 or 5 or 8 hours every day.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Jun 2, 2008,
Try taking a break after two hours, then resume an hour later after stretching and a hand massage (not fapping). If you feel pain then just stop, better an hour lost than a few months from RSI or tendinitis (I think that's the spelling) And make sure your technique is proper, spasmatic picking may be fast but you'll pay for it later.

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Yes... when you're John {Petrucci and killing people with your intense shredding causes people just to drop dead. Can be quite stressful, you know.
hue