What pedal is it that gives you that spacey, kind of trippy noise when you scrape your pick along the strings?

This guy was doing it on the bass, and it sounded like a good way to add intros or just a little breakdown to or something.
delay+flange/phase
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Dimebucker
Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
DD-3
TS-9
Crybaby from Hell
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
BF-3
HBE Psilocybe
CH-1
Digidelay
Digitech Whammy
Mesa Triple Recto
Marshall 1936 2x12
Well, compression I think.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by QuebecMetal
Well, compression I think.

Lol wut.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
ok thanks. I knew it wasn't a single effect I've used, because I have not been able to get any effect like that with my Boss ME-50 where you can't do 2 modulation (i think its called) at once.
There's lots of ways to get a spacey sound... Delay, reverb, phaser, flange, even chorus. It's just the way you use it. A nice long delay with a lot of repeats gives a nice spacey effect.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i named a song 'spacey' and all it uses is some chorus!

but i wasn't pick scraping...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I'll try and give an example of it. I want to use it for intros or like even drum or bass solos to give an atmosphere. Or even recording and I can record guitar over it, but thats not my concern.
turn the phaser as fast as it can go.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Ok if you listen to Shine on you Crazy Diamond part 4 or whatever in the background at the start you can hear an effect like the one I'm talking about.
Quote by dustyboy316
Ok if you listen to Shine on you Crazy Diamond part 4 or whatever in the background at the start you can hear an effect like the one I'm talking about.

Its been a while since I listened to that, so I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall there being some kind of rotating speaker effect(ie Rotovibe).
Quote by Jason43
Its been a while since I listened to that, so I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall there being some kind of rotating speaker effect(ie Rotovibe).

That could be it. I'm going to listen to some samples and see if that's it.
if you want some good pedals to experiment with, the ehx memory man and digitech whammy are great. paired they can get some really outlandish, spacey, trippy sounds.
I found some Vibe's and that isnt what I'm talking about, but I do like it a lot! Sounds great for Pink Floyd riffs and other prog stuff like Porcupine Tree and even some Rush (the necromancer).
Quote by lilchimp818
if you want some good pedals to experiment with, the ehx memory man and digitech whammy are great. paired they can get some really outlandish, spacey, trippy sounds.

Whammy's definetely on my list to get... I need more money though. For "expensive" pedals I'm just going with a Boss loop for now, seems more fun and practical. Then I might get an expensive wah, such as a Slash one, then it would be down to the Whammy probably.

Wait, can you explain what it does more. I'm looking at it and it says its a performance looper. Does that mean it would do the same kind of loop as a Boss RC-20? Or is it talking about effects loops or something?

Thanks, if that is a loop I'll definetely have to get that!