Quote by ps2stony
yeah, why do so many guitars look like strats and les pauls?

because they are brilliant designs and easy to play, not to mention classic
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by surge666
because they are brilliant designs and easy to play, not to mention classic

oh okay just wondering cuz i have a les paul look-alike from Dean that I don't use anymore.
Quote by ps2stony
oh okay just wondering cuz i have a les paul look-alike from Dean that I don't use anymore.

now back to the topic please
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by surge666
now back to the topic please
Yes it's a good guitar you should get it.
excellent axe
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
It's a great guitar. Go for it if you want it, bud.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I played the white one in guitar center and absolutely loved it, it was pretty much what i'm used to with my old RG, just 8000 times better in every way. But if you do order one you're gonna have to wait about a month to get one, everywhere is out of stock. I have mine ordered from Musicians Friend but its on backorder till June 27.

(p.s. if you order one, order from americanmusical.com , they give you a case with it, musicians friend doesn't say they do...I'm trying to get them to give me a case with it with the whole price match thing, if they don't i'm canceling my order and getting it from american musical)
if you play metal, get it
its an amazing metal guitar, but im not sure how it plays classic rock, blues, etc.
GO for it.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
ok seems to be all positive, i will go play one at sam ash today (if i hadnt broken my wrist last night)
HiMyNameIsMatt
Yeah it's a great guitar i played one at my local sound control there realy good for metal and shredding, but i'd recomend getting some dimarzios fitted once you get it. Man i wish i could afford one. I wonder how you broke your wrist lol
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by brutaldeath
good guitar.....personally i would shop around for some used fujigen models

All the current RG Prestige models are made in the Fujigen factory anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Is it the new model with the Edge Zero? They are meant to have serious sustain issues.
Quote by Aikoe
I played the white one in guitar center and absolutely loved it, it was pretty much what i'm used to with my old RG, just 8000 times better in every way. But if you do order one you're gonna have to wait about a month to get one, everywhere is out of stock. I have mine ordered from Musicians Friend but its on backorder till June 27.

(p.s. if you order one, order from americanmusical.com , they give you a case with it, musicians friend doesn't say they do...I'm trying to get them to give me a case with it with the whole price match thing, if they don't i'm canceling my order and getting it from american musical)

All Ibanez Prestige guitars should come with a Prestige hard case. If your reseller does not include the case they are ripping you off big style.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by mightmuffin
Yeah it's a great guitar i played one at my local sound control there realy good for metal and shredding, but i'd recomend getting some dimarzios fitted once you get it. Man i wish i could afford one. I wonder how you broke your wrist lol

i punched t-rex in the face. actually i got hung up in a hardflip down a 6 set, bailed, then tried to brace myself (dont try it)
HiMyNameIsMatt
i bought my 2550 e sort of used, but it came with the paf pro and norton installed, ive let 2 ppl try it out, well they both want to buy it more than what i paid 4 it
I've tried one out in store, and I can tell you it's a great guitar.

Sound wise, the guitar was incredibly versatile (like most typical RG models) covering jazzy tones, rock tones and going to heavy thrash metal. Obviously, this was due to running through a good amp (Marshall JVM ) but still, the versatility was still there. I actually quite like the Dimarzio / IBZ pickups as opposed to most UGers who suggest you immediately swap them out for Dimarzio pickups; but that's subjective. Feel wise, it was like most Prestige RG's, and that's a great thing. The neck was slim and had the light finish feel, making it seem really smooth and great. The Edge Zero trem was very solid, seemed pretty good when I played it. I can't really judge whether it is a reliable trem or how easy it is to maintain since I haven't personally owned one.

In conclusion, it's one badass guitar.