I need a new amp, I've never owned a better amp then these two ****ty starter ones (and I mean ****ty), and I finally managed to save my money and have $500, I'm buying a Les Paul (for real) for $300 so I need $200 for an amp, and I found these 2:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-30-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482275
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Raven-RG60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481619

Which is better? If these both suck, suggestions for better $200 or less amps?
The raven, marginally. Why don't you spend all 500 on an amp and just save again for a guitar. What's wrong with the one you have now?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
both suck
save more, 200 wont get you too much.
what style of music do you play?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
You're Canadian, which is good, because I can give an accurate price for this:

Traynor YCV 50 Blue is $720 at Bellone's Music here in London. Dunno what other stores do for making it down, but list it's in the 700 range. Save another 200 and get that. Your guitar will sound completely different anyways.
I play rock/prog rock.

I wouldn't mind saving for an amp, but it's going to kind of suck playing a Les Paul on these cruddy little no-names (one is called a Traynor, the other is.. I can't remember, but it only has gain volume treble and bass and it is SMALL). Plus both my amps are atleast 7 years old a piece.. I really want a new amp for this guitar, even if it's not a $1500 Marshall or something.
Save another $100 after buying the Les Paul and get THIS: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

Use any left over cash to buy yourself something nice to thank yourself for not buying either of the other two amps.
Last edited by carpepax at Jun 2, 2008,
Neither of those amps are better than the ones you have to be honest. Not enough to warrant buying one of them
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Dog--
I play rock/prog rock.

I wouldn't mind saving for an amp, but it's going to kind of suck playing a Les Paul on these cruddy little no-names (one is called a Traynor, the other is.. I can't remember, but it only has gain volume treble and bass and it is SMALL). Plus both my amps are atleast 7 years old a piece.. I really want a new amp for this guitar, even if it's not a $1500 Marshall or something.
Those amps are just a waste of money though.

You'll be desperate for something better in 6 months, and you'll have thrown away $200.

Sticking with whawt you have and saving a bit more for something worth having is ultimately the better, and more economic choice.
Line 6 definitely. The only problem people say they have with it is it sounds too "digital" and I somewhat agree, but the sounds you can get are KILLER! I don't care about "classic" or "vintage" tones this amp f--king pwns I have the Spider II 15, but this is the remake of it in 30 watts definitely go with that one. I've heard that raven's have lots of watts for cheap... that's about it. The distortion is definitely waaaaay better by FAR on the Spider. The spider will get you sparkling crisp cleans to bone-crushing face-melting distortions and anything and everything in between GET IT!
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic
Quote by Metal Man Kam
Line 6 definitely. The only problem people say they have with it is it sounds too "digital" and I somewhat agree, but the sounds you can get are KILLER! I don't care about "classic" or "vintage" tones this amp f--king pwns I have the Spider II 15, but this is the remake of it in 30 watts definitely go with that one. I've heard that raven's have lots of watts for cheap... that's about it. The distortion is definitely waaaaay better by FAR on the Spider. The spider will get you sparkling crisp cleans to bone-crushing face-melting distortions and anything and everything in between GET IT!

Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
The raven has a really muddy OD channel, and you don't wana get a "real" les paul and a ****ty amp. Just doesn't work lad. try out a peavey valveking
Honestly, the line 6 is the better of the 2.......but not by a whole lot. You would be better of just saving for a bit longer until you get ~500 again. At that price, many more better options will be available.