Hey there guys, just new to the thread and thought after reading through a few pages that a 5150 threead was just what was needed, lol.

Seriously though, I am going to be buying one soon and was wondering what the chances of finding one around here that would ship to the east coast of Canada for not too steep of a price would be? At the moment I am playing through a Randall RX series half stack and it does not do metal to my liking so I figured why not just go ahead and save for the real deal. I have been playing on a Peavey XXX combo at the old pawn shop but I was pretty sure the 5150 would be better suited to my metal needs.

Any thoughts?

I'll probably be looking for on in about a month or two, but thought I'd ask around here and see if the 5150 gets sold and shipped to my area much.

Thanks, and I am enjoying the forums so far.
Are you talking about the evh 5150 III or the old peavey 5150? The peavey one isn't too hard find on ebay and craigslist.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
look on the New York craigslist, there on there all the time, just see if you can go and pick it up, make a trip.
Id get the XXX, but if you really want a 5150 I see them all the time for sale used on ebay/craigslist
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
the peavey, obviously. The new one has nothing to do with metal. Good idea though, I'm quite pleased with my Peavey 6505, it's kick ass.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Yeah, it'd be the old 5150 as I am pretty sure the EVHIII costs an arm and a leg.

Thought I'd ask around here first as I don't really want to go searching random cities for a 5150, figured it'd be easier to find if I ask.

The thing is, I don't really want to end up paying 8 or 9 hundred bucks for a head after shipping.

I might just sell my entire half stack and go with a 5150 combo, but those ****ers are hard to find.
the peavey, obviously. The new one has nothing to do with metal. Good idea though, I'm quite pleased with my Peavey 6505, it's kick ass.

Except that it's premise is that you get a metal amp with Fender cleans.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Ibzman

I beg to differ.
i preferred it to my 5150, its too expensive though.
but the fizz is gone, gain is still insane and it has a nice tight low end.

i cant believe people think this amp can't do metal.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
i seen couple tri state area criagslist for around 550, on ebay is a bit higher since more ppl are looking. shipping should cost you around 80 bucks cause these amps ARE HEAVy.
See, that's the thing. I'm in Canada on the east coast so shipping might be an issue. I just need something with some balls I guess and the 5150 is my best option and a probably around 5 or 600$, the price can't be beat.
Good call for a 5150.

They're not hard to find at all. You can definatly find some on ebay. SHipping to canada does cost about $40-$50 more because it must pass through customs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I could ship mine to you for less than $100...pm me your exact shipping info, and I could get you a quote, if you're interested.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I could ship mine to you for less than $100...pm me your exact shipping info, and I could get you a quote, if you're interested.

Cool bro, PM sent.

Of course I can't do anything right at this time but I bumped all of my gear sale threads in other local forums so hopefully I'll get a bite and can get some of the extra cash rolling.