Hey, my guitar teacher recently got a job, so he won't be able to provide me with lessons anymore. I probably won't start on another teacher until July, because I'm too busy with finals. Anyways, I was wondering what I should work on for now. I know some basic theory, some scales, soloing techniques, and how to play many songs. I know this is pretty vague, so ask me if you need anything cleared up. Thanks.
Chords and rythme. The people I teach all want to learn lead guitar but I try and make sure that all chords and the theory behind them are covered, along with different rythmical patterns for each of those chords. Having the rythme can help you with timing later on and can help you to understand the different scales more deeply. Find some basic chords off the internet, like G, Am, Em and C and splice them together with different rythmes.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Chords and rythme. The people I teach all want to learn lead guitar but I try and make sure that all chords and the theory behind them are covered, along with different rythmical patterns for each of those chords. Having the rythme can help you with timing later on and can help you to understand the different scales more deeply. Find some basic chords off the internet, like G, Am, Em and C and splice them together with different rythmes.

I've been thinking about learning some chords for a while now. I guess it's time to get started!
I hate to double post, but does anyone have some other recommendations?
Personally, from what you've described I'd think your teacher gave you enough material to keep you busy for a while. Continue on the foundation he gave you and make damn sure you've got everything mastered.

From that point, learn what interests you. Don't worry about what you 'should' know, your teacher already gave you a direction for your fundamentals. Start experementing with the style of music that makes you want to play
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play