I was wondering if anyone can explain what it is called when you play a note (it's usually high) and it slowly turns to a higher tone of the same note? Like it kinda sounds like it turns to a harmonic. Here i'll post a clip to help explain what i'm saying.

listen for the high guitar note that rings out:


How is this sound achieved? and what is it called when you do it?