Page 1 of 2
I wasn't sure where to look, or even where to put this, seeing on how I'm new and all, so i decided it would be most convenient to post a new topic about this.

Anyway, I really got my eyes set on a V shaped guitar. Specifically a V guitar without the Floyd rose tremolo locking, a lot of them I looked at has it. I was just looking for suggestions of anything under 800$. If it has Floyd rose, thats fine, I'm just trying to avoid that. My guitar at the moment has Floyd rose, and its a huge hassle and time consuming, because i try to change my strings every 3 weeks to a month. Pictures, any information, or even just a name would be fine.(:
The Randy Rhoads Jackson one is pretty awesome
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Jackson King V!
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Yeah I was looking at the RR Jacksons. My friend has one, and says its really nice, but I never got around to playing it.
The BC Rich NJ Junior deluxe V is a great deal. Original Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85, Neck-through. Just remember that BC Riches have pretty thick necks. They go for around $700-$770 as far as I've seen.

Keep in mind, that only bad floyd roses are a hassle, a well made one will keep tune for weeks.

The Jackson RR3 is also a great guitar, Great neck, Seymour Duncans, Licensed Floyd Rose (just as good as the original). It usually fetches around $650.

The Jackson KVX10 will be tempting, but I've heard nothing but bad things about the 'X' series.

WHY OH WHY WON'T YOU MAKE A PRO-SERIES LEVEL KING V, JACKSON?????
Last edited by Beebaboo at Jun 2, 2008,
A '67-style Gibson V. Like the Faded series, but with a real paint job. Red ones are my personal favorite. Those and Jackson Rhodes Vs, like the RR1 or RR3, with the pinstripes, are probably the two best designs.
Quote by Beebaboo
The BC Rich NJ Junior deluxe V is a great deal. Original Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85, Neck-through. Just remember that BC Riches have pretty thick necks.

Jackson only.
Not a big fan of gibson V's. I've never played a BC riches, so I'd have to try it out before i even consider it. (: Right now it's really a debate between some jacksons, and the ESP V-500, although to pickguard is a turnoff, its not that big of a deal. Also, I was looking at this: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html, however the inlays suck, and its a brand I've never even heard of. I looked up some reviews on here, but none of them were for the that one, but they sound like good guitars for cheap, so it's being considered.
Schecter V-1 is nice, same with the new Trivium V from Dean, Corey's new signature guitar is a beaut
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
I'm actually not a fan of the dean headstock, yes I know, I'm super picky. The Dave Mustaine(sp?) V's do look pretty sweet though, but they're about 400$ over my budget, :P
Randy Rhoads or King V
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by theARTofaBULLET
Not a big fan of gibson V's. I've never played a BC riches, so I'd have to try it out before i even consider it. (: Right now it's really a debate between some jacksons, and the ESP V-500, although to pickguard is a turnoff, its not that big of a deal. Also, I was looking at this: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html, however the inlays suck, and its a brand I've never even heard of. I looked up some reviews on here, but none of them were for the that one, but they sound like good guitars for cheap, so it's being considered.

Here's another agile V that alot cheaper. http://www.rondomusic.com/hornet.html It kinda looks like a Mustaine style V. This dude I no has a RR style V from them that he got for $150, and it sounds just as good as his $300 dollar Dean. Really nice and crunchy sound. Definitely for metal tho (but what else would you get a flying V for As for B.C. Riches I've never played one that I liked.
Quote by Beebaboo

WHY OH WHY WON'T YOU MAKE A PRO-SERIES LEVEL KING V, JACKSON?????

They do, check out the Jackson Demmelition V.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
They do, check out the Jackson Demmelition V.

Ummm...that guitar cost $1250
Jackson RR Series without a doubt the best V's ever made (besides the original Gibsons)
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
RIGHT HERE BABY!!!! YEAH!!! i prefer rhoads over KV's because the KV feels off balance and it looks all big and wierd... RR5 is the way to go. i got mine at $700 USD perfect condition except corroded hardware but it istn too noticeable
V V V V V V V V V V V V
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Beebaboo
Ummm...that guitar cost $1250

Erm, so? You just asked why they didn't have a pro-series KV, and i said they do. And $1250 is quite a decent price for the quality and specs you'd be getting with that axe.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Erm, so? You just asked why they didn't have a pro-series KV, and i said they do. And $1250 is quite a decent price for the quality and specs you'd be getting with that axe.

I get it. I meant a pro King V in the KE3/RR3 price range. Tchnically, you're right though
Jackson RR5, i would have got one if i wasnt after a guitar with a floyd rose, i played one in a shop, dead nice guitar. Or a KV of some kind, they have 24 frets if your after that.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
I really like the shape of the RR3 Jackson's.

Proberly already mentioned but still they gurrrrd
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by Punkable_Tabs

Jackson only.

Sigged

i like the the new KIng V the Demmelition? i think it looks wicked

i still love the classic V though ....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah, i don't think i'll be getting a dean.
I think I might be getting a RR3, not the pro series.
but i could always jump it up an extra 100 and get the agile reaper chancery, which has emg pickups, and everything else being the same, which would be worth it, considering a single emg pickup is about 150$ if i remember correctly.
I'm not actually into the orbit too much. The headstock is blah imo, the neck pickup is just... oddly shaped, and the inlays are blah, and I really have no use for 27 frets. 24 is fine for me. However, the body is beautiful. :P

With a Gibson headstock.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't actually read the first post. But you have to admit that is an awesome guitar

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Last edited by Metallica708 at Jun 3, 2008,
Im gonna go +1 on the ESP V. One may think that because its a King V style it will be neck heavy, well it is not at all. It is very balanced, and it sounds great. I bought one and so far it is fulfilling all of my expectations and more. Earvana compensated nut keeps this thing in tune forever, after stretching the strings i havent had to tune it and its been about 3 weeks now. String-thru and set neck, this guitar has monster sustain. the pickguard doesnt look as bad in person than in the picture, i personally dont mind. Inside it has plenty of room to add another battery to do the 18v EMG mod. So far i have not had any problems with this, the only thing id like to see in the future is a non finished neck, this finished neck hasnt hindered my playing but id much rather have an unfinished one. I picked this guitar because i wanted a King V shape, not an RR, without a floyd without buying a KV2 seeing as that is 2k. This guitar at 700 bucks is an awesome deal.
The Gibson Reverse Flying V!!11!!1one!11!

Just kidding... I think the classic Gibson Flying V's are the best, but the Jackson King V is pretty cool if you got to have the sharp edges!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Page 1 of 2