Is it possible to treat a guitar with certain chemicals so it becomes acrylic (see-through)?
I saw this guide on how to build a strat and this guy posted pictures of him treating the wood so it would be come see-through. I could be wrong, though, because I was speeding through the article.
Is this possible? Or does the guitar need to be manufactured?
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
I know that sounds retarded, but I thought it would be cool if you could actually do that...

wood is wood, acrylic is acrylic. it is possible to cast a guitar body out of acrylic so it is completely see through, but wood will always be... wood. my old roommate bought a see-through acrylic guitar on ebay one time, it sounded like balls, but if you want one i'm sure you could find one somewhere
I thought it was impossible. I should have looked at that site more carefully. Thanks.

haha see through wood...

meh it be interesting though if it were possible...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I know, I just saw some pictures and I got confused. But there COULD be a chemical reaction that could alter the wood into a different element/compound. I know not acrylic, but... believe me, I'm not as stupid as you think.

See thru wood what kind of trees would those be and how would you see one. No there is no magical chemical to convert wood to a plastic. Alchemists have been trying to convert lead into gold for how long now.
^There is, however, a liquid that'll turn wood all rubbery. I plan on one day living in a house with wooden pillars somewhere in the construction and then procuring a huge vat of the stuff so I can tie one pillar into a knot.

...and one day we'll be able to make anything via the magical world of cold fusion. If that ever gets handed down to us regular schmoes, no material will be rare anymore. Platinum and gold everywhere!

Also, you can still see see-through things, you know.
Quote by thefreshman
I know, I just saw some pictures and I got confused. But there COULD be a chemical reaction that could alter the wood into a different element/compound. I know not acrylic, but... believe me, I'm not as stupid as you think.

very true: you can set the wood on fire, thus turning it into charcoal
Yes but he was asking how to make wood clear like acrylic, not how to convert it to charcoal or how to make it rubbery.
roflmao you just got sigged :P i didnt edit the quote
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Tackleberry
Yes but he was asking how to make wood clear like acrylic, not how to convert it to charcoal or how to make it rubbery.

What he's asking is to convert one material into another -> wood to plastic . I dont believe we possess that kind of technology.

TS: If you want a see-through guitar, make one (out of acrylic) or buy one

Dan Armstrong guitar ftw
if you have an acrylic guitar - could you get away with having active emg's in it? since they are less dependent on the guitar material