A good friend of mine is going to buy an electric violin, and she's into rock music. So I was wondering, do you guy's know of any good rock songs with violin that she would be able to learn?

Thanks in advance
You could try out something by the Martyr Index, although it'll be practically impossible to find tabs, I'm guessing. Look for the Baghdad Shuffle.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Dethharmonic
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Anything by Yellowcard though the mention of their name makes some people gag.
What is good is that the violinist is talented, and the songs are general rock and when played for people (with the other pieces of the band) are pretty recognizable.
The band Zox has a violin in it. They're sort of....indie/reggae/rock. I don't know how to describe it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
Mark Wood was quite the electric violing player, check out some of that stuff. It's older, but I'm sure you will be impressed
Yellowcard. agh.

uhhhhm have her learn to play some petrucci solos on it. the smaller size should make it slightly easier.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by >>Max<<
The band Zox has a violin in it. They're sort of....indie/reggae/rock. I don't know how to describe it.

Intense sex music is what I'd call them

Sorry for double post
although it is originally played on a cello, a lot of good Murder by Death songs would be great if played through a violin.
Stop just saying Yellowcard! Give him a song by them! I, for one, am a big fan of their's. I'd say learn "Rough Landing, Holly."
Dylan used a fair amount of violin in the seventies.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by SaulHudson
November Rain-Guns N' Roses. Very nice piece.

+1
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
You could do electric covers of some Ghost Mice stuff...

Or Yellowcard. And yes, I like them.
kill all humans
Quote by Kid Fisto
Yellowcard. agh.

uhhhhm have her learn to play some petrucci solos on it. the smaller size should make it slightly easier.

I highly doubt that.
A Perfect Circle's "3 Libras", Metallica's "Master Of Puppets" S&M Version, Cult Of Luna's "The Watchtower", anything by Apocalyptica...
Doesn't Godspeed you! Black emperor have some electric violin recurring in their songs? or am i wrong?
prolly some stuff from Godspeed You! Black Emperor?

EDIT: Awesome! *high fives guy on top*
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
ANYTHING with solo-style guitarists, like Satch, Vai, Eddie Van Halen, etc..
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
How has there been no DMB yet? I reccomend Ants Marching
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely