Is it hard to fake an american accent?

It's easy for us to do it, but hard to do it properly.

How bout you guys?

Cheers
My friend does a really good British accent, I can't but my russian one kicks ass.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
mr. orange in reservoir dogs is actually british, and normally speaks with a british accent, but speaks with an american accent in the movie.
.../\
<----> The More You Know!
..|/..\|
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by skvvisgaar at Jun 2, 2008,
the guy in house has a british accent in real life, but on the show he has an american accent with no hint of british
Quote by skvvisgaar
mr. orange in reservoir dogs is actually british, and normally speaks with a british accent, but speaks with an american accent in the movie.
/\
< >
|/\|

I've seen a surprising amount of actors that do that and some that do it the other way around.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
it's sort of funny, being American i never really wonder what it would be like to fake an American accent (except the hillbilly southern ones, but who can't do that?) i find myself faking English and Australian accents all the time, and sometimes i suck at it, but i think it'd be funny to see an English guy fake an American (well, except Hugh Laurie, i didn't even know he was English for the longest time...

this has been a pretty pointless ramble, i think...
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
the guy in house has a british accent in real life, but on the show he has an american accent with no hint of british

the guy in house was also the kid's father in Stewart Little (that movie with the little mouse that lives with people)
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by rtbsmgsmf

FFS! WILL PEOPLE STOP SAYING "British accent" PLEASE?!?!
There is no such thing,there are loads of different accents in the UK,London alone has at least 3,Where I live has around 5 in a 32 mile radius,seriously. It's annoying when you say "British accent".
/elitism

Yes,it's easy to fake an American one (apparently)
Quote by _Tim_
There is no such thing,there are loads of different accents in the UK,London alone has at least 3,Where I live has around 5 in a 32 mile radius,seriously. It's annoying when you say "British accent".
/elitism

Uh, it's not ok to say British accent because there are many of them but it's of fou you to go ahead and say "American accent" in the very next breath despite the fact that there are probably at least as many if not more?
Country artist Keith Urban has a British (I think?) accent when he talks, but when he sings, it sounds like an American accent.
(He might have Australian accent, not sure.)
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by _Tim_
/elitism

Alright, i understand what you mean, but you totally went against everything you just said by following up with, "Yes, it's easy to fake an American one," when there are different accents for most of the states. Someone from Louisiana sounds drastically different from someone in, say, New York or Minnesota. It's annoying when you say "American accent."
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
I know this may appall some of the non-american UGers, but I can barely tell a difference between a British accent and an Australian one.
**** i flipped out when i saw that guy from House doing an interview on The Late Show or something
Brits need to remember that there's lots of British accents as well, but American's can easily fake them. ^_^

Scottish, London, "Proper", and some other's I can't exactly name.

I do a good impression of them if I do say so myself.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Quote by Vagabond21
I know this may appall some of the non-american UGers, but I can barely tell a difference between a British accent and an Australian one.
Your musical ear must be amazing...
Quote by Vagabond21

I second this opinion.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by freedoms_stain
Your musical ear must be amazing...

Indeed it is lol

You have to look at it from my point of view. How many Australians do I know? 1 and I only talked to him on occasion.

How many British people do I know? 0

Plus, I don't watch tv bc it's garbage.
Yeah haha
All ya do for Australian accent is take a british one and throw in "Mate" every 2 sentences.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by magnus_maximus
He's from Tennessee, and you're from Ohio. Says it a-

Oh shi-

::puts on american flag t-shirt, huge belt buckle, cowboy boots, camouflage hat, and starts loading shotgun::

Is THIS what you wanted?!
I'm American, and quite frankly, I can't stand the southern accent, it drives me insane. I'm saddened to hear that you Brits associate America with that.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm about 5' 4" and have slightly furry feet.....I'm not going in a ****ing volcano though...

I love the Foo's!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You forgot the noose, and the Confederate flag.

::feels up cousin::

FYI: all southerners are NOT like this