Alright, I really like that effect on "Evil Woman". It's about 2:40 into the song. Right after the violin solos. It sounds like a flanger or phaser. Probably a phaser.

Could someone confirm this?

Also, the song "Hold Your Head Up" by Argent. and the song "Back On the Chain Gang" by the pretenders, what chorus would be able to get both types of thickening?

Also, since I'm here, can the Boss Space Echo get good slapback for psychedelic songs?
Evil Women by Black Sabbath???

And if you want a slapback, use a delay pedal.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
The song "Evil Woman" I am refering to is by the one by Electric Light Orchestra.

I know it's a delay for slapback.

The Space Echo pedal by Boss, is a re-issue of the original Space Echo. It was a tape-delay back in the 70's. The Space Echo PEDAL is a delay. I mean what setting would...never mind, your impossible.
Don't get your panties in a knot there, sir.

I'm not going to bother to go listen to those songs.

However I can tell you that you should never buy a Boss pedal ever.
Sounds more like the effect a flanger would create than a phaser in Evil Woman, and to The Pickle Man, why never buy a boss pedal?
POST FINDER
Quote by The Pickle Man

I'm going to have to disagree with your last statement, boss make very good pedals, a huge number of artists that use them can't be wrong.
Quote by The Pickle Man

why not? Sure they all color the tone a little, but Boss makes a lot of pretty good pedals, most of the overdrive and distortion pedals suck, but that's not true of most of Boss' modulation and delay pedals at all.
Also, in ELO's other song, "Don't Bring Me Down", what makes that sound? It's right before the first chorus.

it's like: peee-ooosh, pee-oosh, peee-ooosh, pee-oosh. If you've heard it, you know what I mean.

it's probably flanger or an insanely slow phaser.

Can someone confirm this?
I'm not entirely certain that's a guitar.

It certainly doesn't sound like a flanger or phaser though.
so it's probably keyboards or the synthesizer?

If so, how could you emulate it? play around with the pots on the phaser/flanger?
It could be a synthesizer, you might get something like it doing a pick scrape with a pitch shifter, or maybe a flanger/wah combination?