Hi there, I've been looking around for a new guitar to save up for after I get a couple more pedals and a new amp and I came across this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Mockingbird-ST-Electric-Guitar?sku=512696

Originally, I was planning on building a Warmoth Thinline Telecaster, but after seeing this, I'm considering delaying that. I play things like SRV, Aerosmith, and Santana. I'm thinking the pick-ups won't be good for SRV and other blues music, so I'm thinking of changing them and with the coil-tap, it'd be closer to the single-coil sound for SRV as well. The kill-switch seems like a nice feature, considering I delve into Tom Morello stuff every now and then. I'm also a bit worried about the body and quality. It's mahogany, but it's nato and I'm not familiar with that. Not only that, but I heard that it's MIK, so I'm worried about the quality. I don't mind changing the pick-ups and re-wiring it, but if it's not good quality, I'll just pass over it. Anyone have any experience with it?
that guitar is AMAZING.. but i agree with the above... for your styles id say something less metal.. without a floyd...

but if you choose to get it sex it for me
Those are really nice, I have had no problems with MIK BCRs. Joe Perry plays a Bich on occasion, so there's your Aerosmith. Try one out, I bet you'll like it.
Yeah, I'm currently forming a rock band with a friend right now and I'm thinking the Mockingbird would be pretty good. And not only that, I just love the shape. But I'm wondering what makes the guitar NOT fitted for what I play?
Quote by Iceman 420
Yeah, I'm currently forming a rock band with a friend right now and I'm thinking the Mockingbird would be pretty good. And not only that, I just love the shape. But I'm wondering what makes the guitar NOT fitted for what I play?

I would say if you're not going to use the floyd rose extensively, it would be a burden to have. I play several guitars with floyd roses, but I would love to be able to string and tune a nice string-through.

Also, a Floyd Rose lowers sustain, and SRV and Tom Morello require a lot of it. I'm not saying that it couldn't do it, but for the price, another guitar without a Floyd would have more sustain.

And the pickups and wood are very dark sounding, opposed to the bright SRV tone.
Ah yes, I forgot about the dark sounding mahogany. But considering I already have a Telecaster, I'm thinking about using that for my blues and such and this for mostly rock and such.
Quote by Iceman 420
Ah yes, I forgot about the dark sounding mahogany. But considering I already have a Telecaster, I'm thinking about using that for my blues and such and this for mostly rock and such.

actually... GO FOR IT. The guitar is great. I've played many ST Mockingbirds and they are quality guitars. With the Tele, you will have an amazing collection.
Quote by metal Lover
actually... GO FOR IT. The guitar is great. I've played many ST Mockingbirds and they are quality guitars. With the Tele, you will have an amazing collection.

Alright, I'll make sure to see if my GC has one the next visit.