One of my friends told me that the marks you have at the end of grade 11 are more important for uni than the marks you get at the end of grade 12. how true is this?
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
sounds pretty acurate to me.

univesities look at that b/c most seniors screw around and stuff cuz its there last year in high school.
Universities tend to look at you grades in 11th grade as a reference to how you are doing and base their decision off of that. Also, since in early 12th grade you apply to universities, most students don't have grades to turn into universities at the time. That doesn't mean slack off in 12th; universities can revoke your acceptance based on your grades in 12th grade.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
The end of 11th is more important because colleges look at students before they graduate from high school, which means that most college bound high school students are accepted at a college before graduation. The grades at the end of 12th are just a formality unless you fail.
Well I just finished high school and from experience in dealing with colleges a lot of schools like Universities like to look at your current 12th Grade marks to help make decisions, but you apply for colleges early in your senior year so the first impressions they will get are from your previous years via transcript. Do good.

This one is more important to me than this one:

But they're both bastards.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Mark Wahlberg is badass.
All your base are belong to us.
What about junior and sophomore year? Does anyone know which one is more important?
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Mark Wahlberg is badass.

No. He has never done anything to justify him existing.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Mark Wahlberg is badass.

I just finished watching "Shooter". Badass indeed.
Quote by hug a llama
What about junior and sophomore year? Does anyone know which one is more important?

Junior year, but they are both considered. Freshman year is not considered much at all. If you do decently in your sophomore year but do fantastic in your junior year, colleges will usually give you some amount of forgiveness. Justr tell them it was because you found your true passion in *insert career/subject here*.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by D-Fens
One of my friends told me that the marks you have at the end of grade 11 are more important for uni than the marks you get at the end of grade 12. how true is this?

100%

You apply for college in the beginning of year 12... you're accepted by mid year. Therefore, you grades after year 11 are largely irrelevant.