Title says it all (and i think I may have spelled bixby wrong...)

Just curious. I've decided my next guitar is gonna be a Jackson SLSMG Soloist. Everything seems great but I want a floyd rose or bixby on it. I heard it's hella expensive though and not even worth it but I also really want one on there. Kinda why I also considered the Schecter Synyster Custom.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
a brand new floyd rose trem is 300 and i've heard to install it, it is also 300. and it can sometimes ruin your guitar.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
get a ibanez s series the tremolo is a billion times better than licensed floyd rose
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
a bigsby is a better option if you don't want to extensively modify your guitar (you have to carve out a large chunk for a floyd rose) Bigsby's are also better for certain styles of playing, especially blues, rock and roll, etc. Floyd's have better responsiveness to metal style playing. I have tried both, and I prefer the Bigsby.
Bixby? you mean Bigsby? If you do, a Floyd and Bigsby are two totally different trems. Looking at your amp, I'd worry about that before a new guitar, though.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I just thought about this but can you even put a floyd or bigsby (thanks for the correction) on a string thru?

Idk I'm really considering the Jackson SLSMG soloist but i want some sort of a tremolo. GAHHHHHhhh
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by classicrocker01
Looking at your amp, I'd worry about that before a new guitar, though.

Also while we're at it could you reccomend anything? My favorite genre is probably metalcore. I enjoy A7x,B4MV, and the like. I definetely like other artists like Ozzy,Guns'n Roses, Children of Bodom, ect.

Just to give a slight taste. But yeah I'm also clueless when it comes to my amp lol.

But just want to know bout the tremolo for now.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
What's your amp budget, while we're on the subject. btw, Getting something that already has a trem is the way to go
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
What's your amp budget, while we're on the subject. btw, Getting something that already has a trem is the way to go

200-300$ is probably gonna be my amp budget. But yeah man I'm bummed. When I asked before around here about what guitar would fit my taste (gave a detailed description lol) for my 1000$ budget everyone said Jackson SLSMG. So yeah kinda bummed out. Maybe I'll have to wait until a possible third guitar to wait for a tremolo...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Maybe I'll have to wait until a possible third guitar to wait for a tremolo...

Just my opinion, but if your going to drop a thousand dollars on a guitar you should try to find a guitar that has everything that you really want. With $1000 you should be able to get a pretty awesome guitar with a trem.
Switzerland is small and neutral! We are more like Germany, ambitious and misunderstood!
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

1- you do NOT play a $1000 guitar through a $300 amp, just no.

2 - if you want a guitar with a trem then the SLSMG isn't the guitar you want, simple as.

You don't have $1000 for a guitar and $300 for an amp, you have $1300 for a new rig, that being the case...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965
+
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=5&TempID=6&STRID=53459&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=2293&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

Given the kind of stuff you want to play you need to spend a decent amount of money on an amp...there's nothing in the $300 bracket that's going to remotely good enough for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by classicrocker01

Just curious but is there anything like this guitar but has passive EMG's? Not a huge deal but my buddy says active pickups are a pain and need maintanence.

EDIT: Just noticed it was a set neck as well. I heard these necks are generally weaker and a lot less durable since the neck is glued on. Any truth to that?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
1- you do NOT play a $1000 guitar through a $300 amp, just no.

2 - if you want a guitar with a trem then the SLSMG isn't the guitar you want, simple as.

You don't have $1000 for a guitar and $300 for an amp, you have $1300 for a new rig, that being the case...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965
+
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=5&TempID=6&STRID=53459&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=2293&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

Given the kind of stuff you want to play you need to spend a decent amount of money on an amp...there's nothing in the $300 bracket that's going to remotely good enough for you.

I just need a better amp for moment seeing as how my current amp was like 80$ and
isn't the best sounding to begin with. It was a great deal though lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Just curious but is there anything like this guitar but has passive EMG's? Not a huge deal but my buddy says active pickups are a pain and need maintanence.

EDIT: Just noticed it was a set neck as well. I heard these necks are generally weaker and a lot less durable since the neck is glued on. Any truth to that?

1, Maybe changing the battery- that's all.

2,That is an absolute load of rubbish. The glue is just as strong, if not stronger than the actual wood.

And amps are a huge part of your sound. Why buy an expensive guitar and put it into a cheap, crap amp? Spend a similar amount on each
I'm quite found of the LFR on my Jackson Dinky. A while back someone said that the drill holes of the LFR that Jackson uses is identical, so the swap didn't require any modifications to the guitar. I have no first hand experience however.