Lately no gigs have been available around the area that I perform, so I've been wondering how to make my music myspace look more professional (in order to make it easier for booking guys to be like "Hey, she should play here!"). I'm recording and adding updated material soon but for now I'd like to do some booking for the future instead of procrastinating and I know my music Myspace is a bit personal for most booking people to take me seriously; though I've done well so far, it's getting harder and harder to get gigs.

Anyway, I just wanted some tips on how to make the site look more professional. The link is in my sig or here:

www.myspace.com/alexruuskamusic

(I do apologise if this is the incorrect place for this thread, but I didn't see anywhere else to put it.)

Thanks!
first of all, +1 for being in TX

2nd, the main thing I would change would be the background. Patterns like that look a little strange IMO.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
oh, try and get a picture of you performing instead of just a candid
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
I live in Garland, but anyway:

Yeah, I have played most of the main places in Dallas and then some, but I procrastinated a bit with the booking so everyone who houses Acoustic acts are booked until August, and I'm looking for gigs for the summer. Plus, many places I can't play because of my age (I'm 14), so it really narrows things down.

And honestly, the Dallas scene is nothing compared to what it was a few years ago, and I've yet to hear someone disagree with that.
Quote by rockergirl1122
I live in Garland, but anyway:

Yeah, I have played most of the main places in Dallas and then some, but I procrastinated a bit with the booking so everyone who houses Acoustic acts are booked until August, and I'm looking for gigs for the summer. Plus, many places I can't play because of my age (I'm 14), so it really narrows things down.

And honestly, the Dallas scene is nothing compared to what it was a few years ago, and I've yet to hear someone disagree with that.

oh, thats like an hour away from where im at. just look at places in deep ellum, theres a **** load of shabby places that let anyone play. hah.
try the door, the palladium ballroom, the house of blues, fat daddys sound shack, the loft, or any other place like that.

the dallas scene isnt what it used to be? youre 14... how would you even know? im 17, 18 next month, and it seems to be the same. the venues are getting pretty old and shabby, but theyre still nice. ehhh, but i play screamo ****, so its a little different for me. venues are more open to screamo now...