I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I will be referring to guitar gear, so I'm guessing I'm in the right place. Anyways, I've been talking to a couple guys in these forums and around the web about creating music together, but currently I only have free recording programs like Audacity. Now, this program is not what I'm complaining about, because it's great. I currently have a cheap $20 Logitech mic meant for just talking into, and I know it's not going to get the job done. I was just wanting to get some suggestions on cheap, but quality recording equipment. What will I need? All I'm wanting is sort of a blueprint, but I would love for the suggested items to be at a reasonable price. I'm looking to stay below $500.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Presonus Firebox with a Shure SM57? I use a Presonus firestudio project with the sm57, and get some pretty damn good stuff out of it,
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Presonus Firebox with a Shure SM57? I use a Presonus firestudio project with the sm57, and get some pretty damn good stuff out of it,

I have heard and seen the Shure SM57, and I must say that I'm impressed. I will check that out. I will also check out the Presonus Firebox.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!