Looking to get a few pedals for my 6505, not really sure of specifics. I have heard the MXR 10 band would be a good idea. I was also thinking delay maybe? Any recommendations?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
depends what style you play but I would say for the amp alone defently look into a noise gate.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Mostly play stuff similar to arch enemy/dark tranquillity..so yeah death metal. I;m a bit sceptical of getting an ISP..i bought one a while back and it did not do anything to the 3 amps I tried it in. Replaced batteries, checked connections, just worked better as a brick.

I feel so noobish asking this, but im honestly confused on what a chorus really does. I have a vague idea, but what specifically does it do?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Chorus will help with cleans. All I would suggest is a wah, eq, noisegate, compresser(realy your call on that I don't like them much lot of people do), chorus for clean channel, small delay like a DD3, not much ya need other then that. If you want some wierd effects then check out octives, flanger, phase 90, rotary, whammy, those sort of things.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
I was thinking a DD-3..I assume that will be enough for most simple delay with solos kinda stuff?

Also, I love how michael amott uses the wah progessively in his stuff. Suggestions for a wah?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Noise gate - ISP Decimator (tames the beast)
OD Pedal - Maxon OD9 (tightens even more)
Chorus pedal - EHX Small Clone (improves cleans)

Those would be the "must haves" if you are getting effects for it. The rest would be up your own interpretation.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
an OD for a 6505? That seems a bit overkill
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
for a wah I would say Dunlop but they have so many wahs you realy have to try them out for yourself. My favorite of theres would have to be the 535Q, classic fassel, and the Zakk Wylde. But I realy want to try out the new EVH one. If you want a real simple classic mettalica sort of wah pick up the reagular dunlop one they can be found for $70 new.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by dcdossett65

Its not. You'd be surprised how many people boost them. It tightens the sound quite a bit and makes it sound better overall.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Interesting. Seeing as I've got you here i might as well ask a few other questions about the 6505. Why does the head version not come with reverb?
When the time comes for new tubes, what should i opt for?
And lastly, should i buy an eq for it?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by rwalby9
Noise gate - ISP Decimator (tames the beast)
OD Pedal - Maxon OD9 (tightens even more)
Chorus pedal - EHX Small Clone (improves cleans)

+9000. The noise gate is an absolute must, the amp is unbarable at anything above 2 without it.

OD because it gets pretty muddy imo.

Chorus for better cleans (if you need them) is always good. Make them sound quite a bit better. Cleans are actually pretty decent at low volumes though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by dcdossett65
Interesting. Seeing as I've got you here i might as well ask a few other questions about the 6505. Why does the head version not come with reverb?
When the time comes for new tubes, what should i opt for?
And lastly, should i buy an eq for it?

1) I dunno, you'd have to ask Peavey on that one.
2) I use http://tubedepot.com/jj-ecc803s.html in the preamp, and http://tubedepot.com/jj-6l6gc.html in the power amp. JJ's handle the gain extremely well.
3) Some people think it makes a huge difference, some don't. If you do want an EQ, get the MXR 10 band.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
okay so so far looking at

DD3 Delay-heard it at arch enemy concert, sounded good.
OD: what are some choices?
Wah: maybe Original Crybaby with that mod i hear about all the time
Noise gate: ISP decimator?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
okay so so far looking at

DD3 Delay-heard it at arch enemy concert, sounded good.
OD: what are some choices?
Wah: maybe Original Crybaby with that mod i hear about all the time
Noise gate: ISP decimator?

DD3 - I own one and honestly can't get anything I like out of it. Maybe it'll be better for you.

OD - I'd suggest a Maxon OD-808, but there's also the OD-9, OD-9 Pro, Ibanez TS-808 and TS-9 as well as they more botique pedals from Fulltone, etc.

Wah - Never really found a use for these so can't help you there.

Noise Gate - Definitely the Decimator. It's a great gate and does what it's meant.

Perhaps if you want extra options, I'd suggest taking a look at a TC Electronics G-Major. It will have all those effects, plus more, except the wah (as far as I know). It'd cost significantly more depending on what you decide to go with pedal wise, but I'd rather have one than all my pedals honestly.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
What is the actual difference between the OD9 and 808?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
For delay, an Ibanez AD9 maybe? Michael Amott used one i believe...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by dcdossett65
What is the actual difference between the OD9 and 808?

The voicing mainly. I'd suggest using both to see which you like most.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Im not in favor of a noisegate as a pedal for two reasons:
- It only takes away the noise caused by your pedals, and not the noise of the amp itself on the lead channel.
- Tonesuck!!

Let someone build in a noisegate for the lead channel. Costed me 60$, and its way better then a pedal.

Pedals i reccomand:
delay, chorus, reverb.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by dcdossett65

Not necessarily.
I myself use an OD to boost it in some occasions. I like to keep my gain pretty low on that amp. On the second channel, it kinda remains on 3. But for solo's i need a tad more gain sometimes to let tappings and legatos sound fluently. Thats when i kick my OD for a little boost.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422 (A) for a better low end and a very full, tighter sound. Check out www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfSorZTK0DM
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by LP_CL
- It only takes away the noise caused by your pedals, and not the noise of the amp itself on the lead channel.
- Tonesuck!!

Let someone build in a noisegate for the lead channel. Costed me 60$, and its way better then a pedal.

Pedals i reccomand:
delay, chorus, reverb.

Reasons why I AM in favor of a noise gate for 2 reasons:
1) The ISP decimator in no way sucks any tone from the amp.
2) Putting the noise gate in the effects loop eliminates amp hum. Im surprised no one has said this yet
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by rwalby9
Its not. You'd be surprised how many people boost them. It tightens the sound quite a bit and makes it sound better overall.
That's sad. I have been on a "NO OD" kick lately.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by LP_CL
- Tonesuck!!

I never used any pedals with my 5150 except the ISP Decimator. So...how exactly would it be taking away only the noise from my pedals?

It also doesn't suck tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I never used any pedals with my 5150 except the ISP Decimator. So...how exactly would it be taking away only the noise from my pedals?

It also doesn't suck tone.

not only that, it's not just a gate that chops off the whole signal at the threshold, it's a supressor that can be selective on what it gates instead of chopping everything. The newest GString pedals also have an fx loop I/O that uses the first input guitar signal to track what's noise and what's actual signal in the fx loop.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids