Okay, so I'm recently getting into heavier metal, i.e. death/black/etc. metal.
I'm really into Lamb of God, Pantera, Down, Superjoint Ritual, Slayer, etc. What would be a good direction to take from here?

Of what I've gathered, I really kind of dig Kataklysm, some Nile, Behemoth, and some CC. Oh and of course Opeth.

But where should I go from here?

I'd really like to find more talent in bands' guitarists. i.e. sweep picking, harmonizing, etc. to go with the typical tremolo picking everyone digs.

I guess I should also add that I'm looking for a more angry, in your face, "I'm gonna kick your ass" sound, if you catch my drift.
Send this to you my master...
Here's to getting worse,
hope it kills you faster...
Show me how it hurts to rot from the inside out...
This vigil burns until the day our fires over take you,
Our father we forsake you.
Last edited by ragethetool at Jun 3, 2008,
Born of Osiris
Winds Of Plague
Belay My Last
Veil Of Maya
As Blood Runs Black(Not death metal but still pretty heavy and in your face)
Sanctity in Silence =p(http://www.myspace.com/sanctityinsilence)

These are just a few bands that might be in the direction you are looking to go
if you haven't already heard of them

Sean
Edit: ^Stop recommending non metal bands in the metal forum

First of all, use the Rec thread

but since I'm here...
Nevermore
Carcass
Wintersun
Megadeth, if you haven't already checked them out
Death
Bloodbath
Exodus

I'm mostly just recommending the more popular metal bands that also have talent, not really getting into any obscure stuff.
Last edited by I,Voyager at Jun 3, 2008,
by taking a time machine back to the 70's when the bands were actually good... but on a serious note try norwegian black metal... those guys are some crazy sob's but gorgoroth, mayham or dimmu borgir.... i dont listen to em but i hear theyre allright...
Quote by ragethetool
Okay, so I'm recently getting into heavier metal, i.e. death/black/etc. metal.
I'm really into Lamb of God, Pantera, Down, Superjoint Ritual, Slayer, etc. What would be a good direction to take from here?

Of what I've gathered, I really kind of dig Kataklysm, some Nile, Behemoth, and some CC. Oh and of course Opeth.

But where should I go from here?

I'd really like to find more talent in bands' guitarists. i.e. sweep picking, harmonizing, etc. to go with the typical tremolo picking everyone digs.

I guess I should also add that I'm looking for a more angry, in your face, "I'm gonna kick your ass" sound, if you catch my drift.

Necrophagist, Arsis, Nevermore, and Between The Buried And Me (if you like a mixture of Punk, Harcore, Death Metal, Prog, and everything under the sun) are just a few off the top of my head.

Edit: More Bands :Megadeth, Dream Theater (if you like insane solo sections), Becoming The Archetype, Death, etc.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Last edited by Riffomatic_5000 at Jun 3, 2008,
Try darkest hour, all that remains, as i lay dying, august burns red, destroy the runner
Quote by LedFloyd77
by taking a time machine back to the 70's when the bands were actually good... but on a serious note try norwegian black metal... those guys are some crazy sob's but gorgoroth, mayham or dimmu borgir.... i dont listen to em but i hear theyre allright...

Why would you recommend bands that you haven't heard before? Please leave the metal forum and spare us of your idiocy.

Edit: ^ Pretty obvious trolling
if you are into grindcore
i just started listening to IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
they are pretty good
their chick singer/screamer is a BEAST
haha
Quote by I,Voyager
Edit: ^Stop recommending non metal bands in the metal forum

I Don't really understand how Born of Osiris and Winds of Plague aren't metal
but whatever
It's whatever you think it is I guess
First of all, there's a Recommendation Thread for these kind of questions. Please use it in the future.

If you like Lamb of God, Slayer, and Pantera, then the thrash metal genre is a good place to start. Try Kreator, Evile, Municipal Waste, Destruction, Sadus, and Sodom.

If you like Opeth, then you absolutely have to check out In Mourning and Ikuinen Kaamos. For future reference, Opeth are prog metal, not death (even though they have death metal vocals.

For death metal, try Vader, Decapitated, Infernal War, and Yyrkoon. For the more melodic variants, try Arsis, Quo Vadis, Vehemence, and Intestine Baalism. If you're alright with deathcore, Glass Casket and The Red Chord are worth checking out.

And ignore apocalypse253, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about:

Quote by apocalypse253
Born of Osiris
Winds Of Plague
Belay My Last
Veil Of Maya
As Blood Runs Black(Not death metal but still pretty heavy and in your face)
Sanctity in Silence =p(http://www.myspace.com/sanctityinsilence)

These are just a few bands that might be in the direction you are looking to go
if you haven't already heard of them

Sean

That's not the right direction at all.

Quote by apocalypse253
if you are into grindcore
i just started listening to IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
they are pretty good
their chick singer/screamer is a BEAST
haha

You have no idea what grindcore is.

Quote by apocalypse253
I Don't really understand how Born of Osiris and Winds of Plague aren't metal
but whatever
It's whatever you think it is I guess

They're metal, they just suck.
No there not.

we have a thread for this kind of shenanigans.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

oh yea
My fault
I should explain why I picked those bands
Well Winds of Plague are pretty heavy
not super heavy but heavy enough with the other stuff the TS was listening to
and about every other band I listed have pretty technical guitarists
as the TS said that he was also looking for sweeping and technical guitars etc.
But you don't have to be a dick about things
Quote by Riffmast
No there not.

we have a thread for this kind of shenanigans.

Deathcore and metalcore are metal. Metalcore isn't allowed here due to traffic. Deathcore is allowed here. Both are metal regardless of the rules.

No more arguing the subject. The TS has his answers, just let the thread go.
He's talking about the recommendation thread, where the TS's question should have been asked.

Metalcore is discussed in the hardcore forum. The exceptions are deathcore bands (which go either here or there) and Between the Buried and Me and Burst (who are just considered to be prog metal due to a relative lack of -core elements compared to metal, but are allowed in the hardcore forum as well).
Quote by I,Voyager
Why would you recommend bands that you haven't heard before? Please leave the metal forum and spare us of your idiocy.

Edit: ^ Pretty obvious trolling

he asked for help... i gave my opinion tryin to help a brother out... i heard they were good so why not pass the info on... what harm is there to pass info on.. so f**k off man
Quote by LedFloyd77
he asked for help... i gave my opinion tryin to help a brother out... i heard they were good so why not pass the info on... what harm is there to pass info on.. so f**k off man

^ This guys a rebel

Anyway to the threadstarter, where the fuck do you people come from?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to