1.Metal Zone(I'm using this right now)
2.Metal Core
3.Mega Distortion

Just asking, because I was thinking of switching to Metal Core, but i'm not sure, need help from someone who has experienced both, or has knowledge of these.
Well I have tried all three and at the time I first bought it I liked the Metal Core. But now after a year with it I would have to say the metal zone and mega distortion is a lot more versitile and better. But if you want a Dimebag sort of distortion go to the metal core it hits his sound perfectly. Just go to your guitar center and try them out they should have all three.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
Well I have tried all three and at the time I first bought it I liked the Metal Core. But now after a year with it I would have to say the metal zone and mega distortion is a lot more versitile and better. But if you want a Dimebag sort of distortion go to the metal core it hits his sound perfectly. Just go to your guitar center and try them out they should have all three.

Thanks alot, im going there tommorrow to do so.
I've got the Metal Zone, but I haven't tried any of the others. I agree with that dude ^
Well the Metal Core is very organic and ballsy but it is hard to find good settings but when you do it is a pretty good pedal, the metal zone I find is very good in your room but sounds thin when playing at a bigger gig. Don't know about the Mega Distorion on that though.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Don't limit yourself to just Boss dude, there are a lot of makers out there that blow them out of the water. My advice is to go to pedalgeek.com. Search through there. All the pedals they have there have sound clips so just look through and listen to them.
Last edited by mogar at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by mogar
Don't limit yourself to just Boss dude, there are a lot of makers out there that blow them out of the water. My advice is to go to pedalgeek.com. Search through there. All the pedals they have there have sound clips so just look through and listen to them.

Yea, I was thinking about that. I'll check them out.
Electro-Harmonix is probably the best (IMHO) non-boutique producers of analog pedals, aside from Maxon. Boss isn't bad, but better at their digital stuff.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Boss=Not the greatest OD's/Distortions. They're actually kind of bleh.
If you're looking for higher gain stuff on somewhat of a budget, go for an EH metal muff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Boss pedals are usable; Until you get one with the word 'metal' in it's name.
There's better out there.
Signatures are overrated.