bro a tuner is a tuner, not a really big deal, i would get a cheaper chromatic one and save the money for something else
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
I beg to differ. when your setting up a guitar you want it very accurate and a fast, steady needle that dosn't jump all over the place. Try out a nice peterson stobe tuner and compare that to a 15 dollar korg and then tell me tuners don't matter. I have had bad, bad experiances trying to set up guitars with dinky chromatic pocket tuners.
i hear the korg pitchblack is accurate up to like +/- 1 cent. i havent tried it myself. but i have the planetwaves pedal tuner. not bad. but for setting up, id say a desktop/tabletop tuner might be more ideal. dont have to worry about cables and such.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by SVStee
I beg to differ. when your setting up a guitar you want it very accurate and a fast, steady needle that dosn't jump all over the place. Try out a nice peterson stobe tuner and compare that to a 15 dollar korg and then tell me tuners don't matter. I have had bad, bad experiances trying to set up guitars with dinky chromatic pocket tuners.

well, you seem to have all the knowledge you need. go and get a peterson or deal with a cheap korg one... get what you can afford.
Thank you please.
This tuner is one f musiciansfirend top 25 selling tuners and every reviwer gave it 5/5 stars. I havn't gotten a chance to play through one the, and I'm not a fan of buying unseen, untried. My GC dosn't carry them either. I just want to know if any one here has used one, and how did it do?
Quote by deadlydunc
well, you seem to have all the knowledge you need. go and get a peterson or deal with a cheap korg one... get what you can afford.

you can go middle of the road here and get something decent. the Korg ptchblack is very good for the price, so is the korg GT 120
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by SVStee
the pitchblack is a pedal tuner though, right?

Buy one now so you don't have to later; a pedal tuner is one of the most useful pieces of equipment a gigging musician can have.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have an ole arion pedal tuner, I need somthing acurate for setting up guitars.
Yea theres definately a difference. I use to use some cheap 15$ tuner a while back, and you would pluck a string and you would get 3 different note readings. It was so frustrating. But then I got a Korg Ca-30 its very accurate and have not no problems with it. But as for that one I can't say. But i know korg can make some pretty nice stuff
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I'm not a fan of the CA 30 either. I had one a few years back and it wasn't that accurate.
Quote by SVStee
This tuner is one f musiciansfirend top 25 selling tuners and every reviwer gave it 5/5 stars. I havn't gotten a chance to play through one the, and I'm not a fan of buying unseen, untried. My GC dosn't carry them either. I just want to know if any one here has used one, and how did it do?

not to be an ass.. but on musiciansfriend, like every review for the line 6 spider gives it 5/5 stars.

seriously.. go see.

that's the reason I don't believe in reviews anymore.. I try everything out and if I like it I'll get it.. not according to what others say otherwise everyone would have a spider.