I have a Jackson JSX 94 that is all stock, (HSS), and I'm putting a new hbucker in the bridge.

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
It seems as if everything on the 5 way switch is like, backwards from what I've seen on other strat-style guitars.
'the first four metal tabs on the five way are taken up, and the second four are not used at all.

I'm putting the new h bucker's white wire on the third position in the first set of four on the 5 way, and the hbucker doesn't work. That's where the old on was.

I have a solder on the main volume for the Black wire, and the ground (uninsulated) I soldered to a tab that looked like it was the ground.

MY QUESTION IS: where should I stick the humbuckers WHITE, BLACK, and GROUND wires?

I know that seymour duncan has wiring diagrams, but due to the special circumstances outlined above (the crazy Jackson stock wiring) I don't think those help much.

ANY HELP AT ALL IS APPRECIATED!
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
I probably will tomorrow, but I'd like to try something tonight

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I thought SD pups were all about the same to wire up.

How many wires are coming from your new pup? 4? 5?

Usually green and bare get grounded. Red and white get soldered together and black is the hot that will go where ever the stock one was.

I don't know the jacksons but the wiring diagram will tell you exactly how to wire it. I would not take it to a tech.

What pickup is it?
How many wires does it have?
What colors are they?
Ok, it has a white, black, unshielded (ground i presume), green, and red (which I think are for coiltapping?)

So the jackson, like I said, has those first 4 spots on the 5 way wired up. I think I could take it apart and just do it up like I did my other plain SSS strat, but all the jackson wires are either black or white, and it's quite confusing, with wires going every which way.

It's an EMG hz (the passive one)

Oh yea, basically, my problem is with the way jackson wired it up, because I've done a HSS setup before, and it worked first try. LIke I said before, I can't quite figure out how they did it, and I don't wanna take it apart and ruin everything.

Thanks for your help!

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I thought you said it was a SD pup?

Was that the stock pup you took out, and ifso did it just have 1 wire going to the switch and another for ground?

If it is a SD I would solder the red and white together and tape them up, ground the green and bare and run the black to the switch or wherever the stock hot ran to. (switch, volume pot.)

If you can tell me exactly what pup you have I will look up a diagram. First you said something about SD then EMG????
Quote by strat212
It's an EMG hz (the passive one)
Standard EMG-Hz wiring:

Red = Hot
White + Black = connected to each other, but nothing else.
Green = Ground
Bare Shield = Ground

http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/EMGHZ-35-40-45.pdf
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Ok, So I wired it up following this SD wiring diagram
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1hum_2sing_1vol_1tone_5way

And the pickup works, it's just VERY quiet. So, I'm thinking a bad solder (I'm very new at doing iit), or.....what else?

EDIT: I'm coming back to this **** later. I'm goin to bed, can't really figure out what's goin on, so yea. I'm gonna be pissed if I have to redo all this crap.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Last edited by strat212 at Jun 3, 2008,