I'm sorry if this has been answered already but here goes anyway. I asked about a distortion pedal and was showered with people telling me how great the metal muff was. I looked into it online and saw a platinum award from guitar world and some pretty sweet sound clips of it, and have decided I will get one. I see that there is a micro muff that is cheaper. It has fewer EQ dials but I was just wondering if it will really effect that much, or if the Micro is a bad choice. Thanks.

BTW I don't know if it matters but I'm playing an ESP DV8-R through a Randall RG100SC Thanks again.
go for the full one if you have the moey. most say it is useless without it.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
how would you know if you have never tried the metal muff?
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
^Agree. Dimebag does use his RG100H with only an EQ, Flanger, Harmonizer, and Delay for his cowboy from hell. May want to throw in a noise gate, though. See here.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
I've played through the distortion of this amp and It wasnt enough I tried a Metal Zone and it got better but it's too cheesy sounding or too digital so I asked for opinions on a better pedal.
you mean it doesnt have enough gain?...i mean if it was enough for Dimebag...
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by metzguitarist
I've played through the distortion of this amp and It wasnt enough I tried a Metal Zone and it got better but it's too cheesy sounding or too digital so I asked for opinions on a better pedal.

Dimebag's tone is about as intense as you can get. How much more intense do you need?!

Anyway, the reason why Metal Muff is better, aside of the EQ, is due to the top boost. While the metal muff alone will give you increase in gain (I do mean gain; everything will be louder), the top boost really takes it over the top (in both my blues junior and CPB150).
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Quote by Otsugua713
you mean it doesnt have enough gain?...i mean if it was enough for Dimebag...

I don't see what difference it makes, I just don't like the way it sounds. I didn't post this to talk about my amp or to have to justify why I want a certain sound man.. come on
The only difference is that the micros and the minis don't have a 3 band EQ.
One had a tone knob, the other has a 3 way mid switch.
Do you need another EQ? If so, go for the biggest one.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by metzguitarist
I don't see what difference it makes, I just don't like the way it sounds. I didn't post this to talk about my amp or to have to justify why I want a certain sound man.. come on

It does. The question is what kind of sound you like, even if other dislike it – because tone is still somewhat subjective. Take Dimebag's tone: some hates it, some like it. In another example, my friend want a sound that buzz and fuzz and blurs every notes he play.

So unless we have some example as to what kind of metal sound you want, it is very hard to reference and help you, especially since most people here define Dimebag's tone as the most intense, and that he played in the head version of your amp.

Oh, BTW, your guitar should be fine.

Quote by jthm_guitarist

The big Metal Muff also have top boost.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Perfect! Thanks.