Ok. First of all, What exactly is the difference between the two? Is there that much of a difference in how they sound? I've been told that the Dist. on the MT-2 is better than the OD. Especially on my rig. [Yes. I still have the pathetic MG. I know. Its ridiculous. You need not tell me. I'm still saving. almost there, but not quite.] Also, I sort of prefer the distortion simply because I can turn it on and off with a stomp. Where I would be screwed if I was using Overdrive and suddenly wanted to switch to clean if i was doing a gig... But can you answer my questions anyway?? Thanks.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
As soon as you get the B-52, the OD will be better.
Basically, an OD will push tubes harder, instead of creating a sound above the original. Distortion pedals cover up true tones.
Signatures are overrated.
Ok... So... I know that there are foot pedals to switch settings quickly on some amps right? Does the B-52 have that??? I've forgotten... Cause thats the main problem... I need to be able to switch from OD to Clean IMMEDIATELY in some songs...
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
i think you want a footswitchable amp
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I'm pretty sure there's a footswitch with the B-52.
Signatures are overrated.
Yeah. There is. Ok. Thanks for the info, guys. Question answered... -goes back to crying in a corner about how much more money i need for the amp-
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
If your amp can handle it, and if your pickups aren't too insanely high gain, you can just keep your amp pretty cranked (but still with nice cleans hopefully - does depend on the amp though, and on your pickups, as I said), then use an overdrive boost pedal to kick in/off the overdrive, just like how you use an artifical distortion pedal to turn on/off distortion. The added bonus with this rather than using an inherently switchable amp, is that many of the good overdrive boost pedals around also come with additional optional distortion built in, so you can get the best of both worlds.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Zecromancer
My amp has overdrive but I think it sounds ugly... I just use good ol' distortion.

No offence, but that's because your amp is wank.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ummm...sorry to jack your thread but,

how do you switch between those two settings?
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Lolopop
Yeah. There is. Ok. Thanks for the info, guys. Question answered... -goes back to crying in a corner about how much more money i need for the amp-

You should be pro-active. I heard hookers carry more money than what you give them for "services". So:

1.Wear some body armor.
2. Pick up hooker in car.
3. Drive into a SUV head-on.
4. ???
5. PROFIT$$$!

On a less serious note, I know what you mean, I just went on a shopping spree before I was interested in playing guitar and spent ALOT of money on upgrading my computers and buying x360 games and now I don't have any for guitar stuff, which is what I been doing most of the time.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
Oh boo-hoo. Wait until you have rent and bills to pay...
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.