most likely this is going to get touchy but....

its late, i've got no real other place to say this but
within the past 3weeks i've gone to 2 funerals 1 for a family member the other for a friend, who commited suicide, last thursday almost lost my girlfriend/best friend due to heart failure. and just when i possibley think everything can't suck anymore...
my grandmother, who's basicly my second closest family member to my brother, is in the hospital after suffering from a massive stroke. and most likely will not make it
i feel like **** about it but theres not much i can do so yeah...
i'll admit life sucks, but..

anybody else on UG, lose a loved one that actually had a deep impact on your life?
Quote by Zugunruhe
"sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will violate me sexually."
Last edited by pogo the clown at Jun 3, 2008,
my favorite aunt took in a teenage orphan and a few months ago he shot her dead in her sleep for no reason. every month we try to get more info, but really no answers at all. life does suck at times.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Nope, but you know how they say there's a reason for everything. You'll learn, and you'll grow. I am sorry for you though.
things tend to come in waves, just keep your head up.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
yeah, my dad died on my 10th birthday. I know it's tough, and you're situation really does suck, but it WILL get better. Don't get too down on yourself, try to remember the good times you had with these people and be thankful that they were with you for a part of your life. Soon the sadness will go away and you'll be left with happy memories that you can keep and treasure for the rest of your life. *hugs*
MUSIC can lift us out of depression or move us to tears- it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear.
~Oliver Sacks

"You get smaller while the world gets big
The more you know you know you don't know shit"
My Uncle Mike killed himself when I was thirteen, my best friend (she was a dog) died when I was fourteen and that was around the time I was diagnosed bipolar, which I think has something to do with it. I still wear her tags around on my wrist. My friend Daniel died when I was seven, he was playing in a construction zone and a bunch of wood fell on him. And when I was fifteen someone really close to me died of a drug reaction, and last year my friend Sean died when he was vacationing in Canada.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I've been lucky to only lose 2 family members and 3 pets. No friends.

*Knocks on wood*
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
i lost my dad last year, worst feeling in the world. he got sick and went into surgery. he recovered, but then died when a blood clot when to his lung. i was 17, and i was living with him because my parents got a divorce. life does suck.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

a few years back my best friend in college died because of complications from drug use....and even though i knew about it and tried to stop him ....well it didn't work....
my gf died in a car crash 2 years ago.
I still miss her man..
but im getting over it slowly.
you need to have patience
Quote by andrew.tran
did they drop any good loot?

was that really necessary? Rhetorical question--of course it was not unless you are a complete inconsiderate idiot
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by Hexagram
was that really necessary? Rhetorical question--of course it was not unless you are a complete inconsiderate idiot

Come on, it was kinda funny.

I got my Uncle's bag pipes, his favorite shirt, and his wallet. I lost the bag pipes when I moved, though..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

wow i feel real bad.
Lost a couple of family members, last year one of my mates hung himself, that was pretty terrible
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by andrew.tran
did they drop any good loot?

Thats pretty ****ed up dude. Anyways sorry to hear the bad news dude. Hope things get better for you.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I got my Uncle's bag pipes, his favorite shirt, and his wallet. I lost the bag pipes when I moved, though..

With all due respect, we know you're trying to lighten up the moment, but I think this will make a lot more people mad than happy. I'm sure they appreciate your trying to help but it's not very helpful. The fact that you're cracking jokes about people who have passed on in someone's life is a serious matter. When someone dies, you should not be concerned with what you will inherit.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
My Uncle Mike killed himself when I was thirteen, my best friend (she was a dog) died when I was fourteen and that was around the time I was diagnosed bipolar, which I think has something to do with it. I still wear her tags around on my wrist. My friend Daniel died when I was seven, he was playing in a construction zone and a bunch of wood fell on him. And when I was fifteen someone really close to me died of a drug reaction, and last year my friend Sean died when he was vacationing in Canada.

you've got it bad man..by the looks of it though, its made you a stronger person, thats a positive
That really sucks dude, but just try and remember that it will get better and that there really is nothing in life worth doing more than what you love, so find that and stick to it.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by figsandbobo
I've been lucky to only lose 2 family members and 3 pets. No friends.

*Knocks on wood*

Same. God forbid
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by slap-a-bass
you've got it bad man..by the looks of it though, its made you a stronger person, thats a positive

It doesn't really matter much anymore, I think they're all much happier now than they were. They were all pretty unhappy people, except my dog. I still miss my dog a lot, I had her since I was a really little kid and she was huge. She used to make me feel safe when my parents had their drugged out friends over. I have her tag, my cocker spaniel's tag, and my pomeranean's tag. I just got those back, actually. My ex-girlfriend had them for about a year.
Quote by HighPotency
With all due respect, we know you're trying to lighten up the moment, but I think this will make a lot more people mad than happy. I'm sure they appreciate your trying to help but it's not very helpful. The fact that you're cracking jokes about people who have passed on in someone's life is a serious matter. When someone dies, you should not be concerned with what you will inherit.

I didn't make the joke, I merely said he didn't say anything that bad. If I was going to make a joke about it, I would have said he dropped a skull cap that I needed to identify in town. Though, my brother got the baseball cap with a skeleton on it..
Quote by vintage x metal

I've gotten really lucky. No one really close to me has ever died as far as I can remember. I'm really sorry for your losses. I can't honestly say that I know how you feel, because, well, I don't. It hasn't happened to me.. yet.
aw.. tough breaks man.. i hope things can get better for you from here.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

you know, I really just don't see the humor in his question--specifically the way in which he asked it. There was a blatant disregard for other's feelings, especially when dealing with such a touchy subject as losing a loved one
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by Hexagram
you know, I really just don't see the humor in his question--specifically the way in which he asked it. There was a blatant disregard for other's feelings, especially when dealing with such a touchy subject as losing a loved one

I understand that completely, I just don't think it is that big of a deal. No need to let someone that doesn't matter at all to you make you feel more negative about a bad situation.
Quote by vintage x metal

sorry to hear abt ur losses, i lost my dad last year(december) . it was a huge shock to me and my family cuz it juz happened out of the blue. it gets better after a while, u realize u need to keep moving on wit ur life.its wat they would have wanted u to do. i still miss him like crazy though, he was the one who got me into music and went wit me to get my first axe.
Sad thing for me is I've lost at least one person close to me every year since the 4th grade.. and I'm going to be a senior next year. Yeah it's rough. The first one probably had the be the hardest for me. Both my grandparents passed away when my parents were only 14. So my neighbor and I were really close and I used to call her my Nana when I was younger. I still miss her to this day.

The worst part is it always happens when I'm at the height of being happy and excited. It's like a slap in the face by reality. For the past week I couldn't believe that me and all my friends are growing up. My parents are starting to look old in my eyes. I don't even want to think about them ever leaving me..
Stop b*tching ; start a revolution
They're with the angels now.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
My uncle died from a heart attack when I was 10, my grandpa died of a stroke when I was 11, my grandma overdosed when I was 14, my friend overdosed in 2005, and 2 of my friends died in a car accident on November 7th. Another friend was found dead in a park in December, and a few days later my great grandma died.
It sucks, of course. But things usually get better. You gradually learn to accept it, I guess.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
I lost my 3 month old cousin when I was 13. Every now and then I wonder who he might be today. Since he died I have not seen my aunt and uncle for like 5 years. They used to live near me.