So my sister is engaged. She's mentioned that she wants me to be a groomsman. I'm happy for her and everything, but I really don't want to be involved in the wedding. Do you think that makes me a bad person? I know the pit is probably not a great place to ask questions of this sort..But i just want your opinions.
No, it's your choice.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i get the feeling im going to have the same problem in a year or two... tell me how it works out.
I have no opinion on this matter.
In before "Is she hot?"

I don't think it makes you a bad person, but I think you should consider doing it to make your sister happy.
Not at all.
All my relatives wanted me to be an usher at my aunties wedding.
Instead,I got wasted the night before,turned up in a state and fell asleep in the service. After said service,I went to the reception,drank more and came this close *finger thing* to cheating on my girlfriend...luckily I wasn't THAT drunk.(I love my gf to bits btw)

My family now loves me

I expect I'm a bad person.
Quote by TooFast
No, it's your choice.

Yeah I know, but it seems like it's expected of me. But still, I really don't have any desire to be involved any more than just being there. I do feel selfish for feeling that way..But it's not like i can help it
Yeah, you ****ing asshole!!!

Nah ,man, its your choice.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Just say to her "no hard feelings, i'm happy for what you're doing but I don't feel that i would be ideal for a groomsman"

or something?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Spamwise
Yeah I know, but it seems like it's expected of me. But still, I really don't have any desire to be involved any more than just being there. I do feel selfish for feeling that way..But it's not like i can help it

Well, just tell your sister you really appreciate her considering you, but you'd rather not. Obviously tell her to not take offense to it, and that it's just a personal choice.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Take a general example. Would you think person x to be a bad person for doing what they felt they wanted to do?

I wouldn't.
it's your sister. it's what families do.
unless you are estranged from your sister and/or your family, participate.
it's not about "what you want" or if it's convenient for you.

if you disapprove of their marriage for some reason, you shouldn't even attend.

/ opinion.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Alfi_d
Do it

Don't be selfish.

Weddings are fun man, and pick up her hot friends.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any.

None that I know anyway..

Well, just tell your sister you really appreciate her considering you, but you'd rather not. Obviously tell her to not take offense to it, and that it's just a personal choice.

Yeah that's a good plan. Apparently though the guy's sister is going to be involved in it..

it's your sister. it's what families do.
unless you are estranged from your sister and/or your family, participate.

Yeah that's what I'm told..with the exception of my parents, "family" is meaning less and less to me as of lately.
Call her a "*****" and a "slut" on the morning of her wedding and make her miserable and then tell her you won't be a groom.
The results will be hilarious. I promise.
No dude that doesn't makes you a bad person. You can talk to her and tell her how you feel she will understand, but also remember is your sister and you are special to her, and this maybe her last wedding so think...
Quote by WinterMadness76
Call her a "*****" and a "slut" on the morning of her wedding and make her miserable and then tell her you won't be a groom.
The results will be hilarious. I promise.

Lmao sounds like what a friend of mine suggested..I think i'll pass on that though

Why don't you want to?

I don't really know why. I just really don't want to..
Quote by Spamwise
Apparently though the guy's sister is going to be involved in it..

OK, here we go ...

Is she hot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
You shouldn't have to be involved if you don't want to. It also depends on how close of a relationship you have with her..if it's like you never really talk and don't really get along, then all of a sudden she is pulling the whole "you have to because your family" card, tell her to **** off..

If you are close then do it man..
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
OK, here we go ...

Is she hot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hahaha no not really..But it would be weird even if she was since we'll be related by law i think..
Quote by Spamwise
Hahaha no not really..But it would be weird even if she was since we'll be related by law i think..
Relatives by marriage (not blood) are fair game, dude. btdt
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
grooms men are supposed to be picked by the groom, tell her that, if he want u to stand up, quit being a baby and suck it up its your damn sister
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Relatives by marriage (not blood) are fair game, dude. btdt

Good to know..