I have a Marshall DSL401 that I am not very pleased with and I want a new amp that can give me a great clean sound with a crunchy overdrive. I play a lot of classic rock and blues rock and I was wondering what amp would be my best choice. I have played Fenders, Marshalls, and Voxs but I don't know which would be right for me. I like the Marshall Vintage Moderns. Also I love the clean sound of the Fender 65 Twin Reverb Reissue and I thought with an overdrive I could find a nice classic rock overdrive tone. Anyways I was just wondering what would be the right amp for me. I play a lot of GNR, Clapton, and Blind Melon.
You kind of have to decided if you like the American flavour of classic rock (Fender combos, Ampeg J-20, Peavey Delta Blues) or the Britsh (18 watt clones, Peavey Classics, AC30's). You also didn't say how much you're looking to spend.
Peavey Classic 30, or if you live in the UK a Laney VC30.

For classic rock/blues rock I'd give the personal recommendation to check out a Marshall Plexi, but they are quite impractical and would get poo-pooed by everyone else
Quote by ECwomantoneman

For classic rock/blues rock I'd give the personal recommendation to check out a Marshall Plexi, but they are quite impractical and would get poo-pooed by everyone else

Not necessarily. Aside from the Fender Bassman and the Marshall JCM 800, the Plexi is the most copied amp in existence. The only prob is the price really.
H&K Statesman? It's a bit more expensive than the other suggestions, but certainly does sound awesome. Amazing cleans, and brilliant crunch, plus a nice boost which works well for lead.

But that's just what I think, seriously, just go and play as many amps as you can find!
Adam
Quote by mogar
Not necessarily. Aside from the Fender Bassman and the Marshall JCM 800, the Plexi is the most copied amp in existence. The only prob is the price really.

Haha thanks. I like them But yes, only sticking point is the price. Ceriatone and Metroamp make good copies that are generally regarded as better quality than the Marshall reissues.
Traynor YVC50 Blue
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Depends on how much you want to spend, the AC30 is great for classic rock and blues and has great cleans, similarly the Traynor YCV50 blue is also great and has more gain than the AC30, much cheaper too (although not quite as nicely voiced in my opinion) also you should look at the Orange Rocker 30 or AD30TC
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90