I never thought there would be something that google didn't know... but this is it.

This tab

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/e/eagles/hotel_california_ver2_btab.htm

has a few odd "g"'s thrown about, and the key claims that the "g's" are "ghosts."

What the h3ll is a ghost? How do I play it? The song would be easy enough if I could figure out the tab... sheesh.

Thanks for your help, if I get any.
owned.

-sky
The best description of a ghost note, is a note that is felt but not heard. You will play the note softer, and without emphasis.

Straight off the first link from google... Remember google is your friend.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
As far as I know a ghost note is something which is played but hammered on instantly, so it barely sounds, but then again that's probably wrong
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Yeah, like CJ said it's felt but not heard. There should be a note there but you hardly even play it. They use them a lot in funk on the note before the riff is repeated, if that helps. Although this guy may be using it as synonymous as a dead note, but I don't think so. Listen to the track and see what the bassist is doing there.
Yes?

And a ghost note is where you finger the note, but as my teacher says, you "swallow" the note. So like there's a space there.....Hard to explain
Interesting, the DVD version that is fairly recent plays it differently. Look it up on youtube, it's similar, but I think the recurring run always comes back down to the root note and not stopping on the 7th.