hey all. ive got a m-audio fast track whcih i use for recording my guitar and vocals, and i used the line out on my vox, but now i got a new amp. so can i record my guitar straight through my fasttrack, and then use a program to get the guitar sound, like guitar rig or whatever? or do i need to mic my amp?

Quote by moody07747

just never run a speaker out form the amp to the interface...

don't do it!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
haha yeh im not that noob. thanks for the help guys. can anyone roccomend a good free program for the guitar sounds? cheers