I've seen quite a few bumer stickers around lately saying stuff like "When Bush took office, gas was [insert the low price itw as here]". Now, I'll be honest. I don't know much about economics, but I don't see how Bush has anything to do with gas being the price it is here. Can someone shed some light on this?
Well, Bush got us into this stupid war in Iraq. He spends ALL of our money on this war and then we go massively in debt. Then because of this the dollar loses strength and we have to pay more and more for the same amount of gas we'd normally be getting.
I can't prove that Bush has anything to do with rising gas prices. Like the TS, I'm not econ whiz. I do know however that Bush made his money in oil, and that he will not do anything to lower then while he is in office. You'd have to be an idiot to expect less.

Basically, he doesn't give a **** about average people.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
because usa are not selling any gas the keep collecting from everywhere so when no one alse have any gas they could sell it a huge price its smart but there is no need to destroy any one else that collect gas almost every war he makes is for gas.
tombst0ne designs
Digital art ,CD covers,posters,anything let me now
my gallery
Quote by tombst0ne
because usa are not selling any gas the keep collecting from everywhere so when no one alse have any gas they could sell it a huge price its smart but there is no need to destroy any one else that collect gas almost every war he makes is for gas.

Uh..he hasn't "made' any wars. Presidents can't declare war.
Quote by tombst0ne

you blame our president for your gas prices?

wow, shouldnt your politicians be protecting you from big bad president bush? maybe you should blame them.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I don't blame him. But I do find it...interesting that he was an oil man before he was a politician.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Cause they're a really bad band and they deserve the blame for everything.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Cause they're a really bad band and they deserve the blame for everything.

+1
It also has something to do with the providers of such oil. Supply and demand. We are currently one of the biggest consumers of oil, and because of this fact, suppliers are out for their own interests and making guaranteed top-dollar. Oil is a modern necessity.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Spamwise
Uh..he hasn't "made' any wars. Presidents can't declare war.

Technically were not at war, its a conflict. One of the Presidents Primary jobs is commander of the armed forces. It doesn't take an act of congress for the President to order troops somewhere.

Did you know the President can order the Marines to attack anyplace in the world without needing congress' aproval? Yep, its true.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Spamwise, you make some good threads man.

People in Australia balme Kevin Rudd for petrol prices too. It's just the increasing cost of oil. Funny how people associate those things with whichever party is in power. They think to vote them out and then things will be great.
oil was cheaper when i was 8.

now i'm 19.

does my age affect oil prices?

go figure.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Because people who have never taken an economics class just blame it on the president, anybody that has a bumper sticker like that is an idiot. But it's also due to the oil companies being greedy, their profits are unbelievable.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
Because people who have never taken an economics class just blame it on the president, anybody that has a bumper sticker like that is an idiot. But it's also due to the oil companies being greedy, their profits are unbelievable.

Hmmm, and what did Bush do before he became the President? Refresh my memory because I forgot.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by The Charm at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by markodeano1
Stop whining,

UK prices are $8 to the gallon, you pay less tha $4.

Go figure

If I knew a place around here that sold gas for under $4 a gallon, I'd probably go there.

And stop whining about us whining.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by The Charm
Hmmm, and what did Bush do before he became the President? Refresh my memory because I forgot.

He had a failed oil company.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
He had a failed oil company.

Which had ties with the Bin Laden family...
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Quote by The Charm
Which had ties with the Bin Laden family...

Oh noez its a conspiracy guyz!!!!

The president really doesn't control the economy at all.

And the president can order troops to fight(any president can) but he must get approval from congress within a fairly short amount of time (I forget the exact amount, I want to say its 30 days) this was to allow one to launch a retaliation without waiting for congresses approval :-)
Because people will blame anything on George Bush because it's 'cool' to insult George Bush.

Make up your own minds people. Don't just regurgitate what you hear on TV.

Gas prices worldwide have risen because of the huge increase in demand (China, India), and the fact that oil reserves are getting harder to access.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Because he is the biggest representative of your government. Unless he has a perfectly valid excuse then he should be held responsible for the mistakes, along with the guilty party.