So I just recently got fired from my job, don't really want to get into it. Anyway, its summer, I want to take it easy this summer because of how terrible it has started, yet work and make some money at the same time.

I don't want something that ties me down a lot, because I do have some things planned for the summer, road trips, and the Virgin Festival. Anyway I'm 20, and after this summer I'm going back away to college, upstate since they wouldn't transfer my grades and just finishing off a quick semester there to get the AS Degree I should have completed last year.

Anyway I was wondering what you guys though of a job as a pizza delivery guy, or any food delivery really. What are your experiences if you did this job, how was pay, tips, annoyances, how was gas paid for, etc.
Quote by Retro Rocker
*waves hand*
Yes, you do.

the manager was basically a douche and plays politics/favoritism around there.
My brother worked for Dominos about 2 years ago, he told me once that the money was ok for what you do, you just gotta like driving lol
Take the job, who knows, one day you could deliver pizza to a scientist, then, as you wait for the scientist to appear, you could fall into a time travelling type machine, meet a robot friend and have all types of adventures before your show gets cancelled!
Get the job. Just remember, at least 50% of your deliveries will be made to female bisexual couples who will just happen to have no money, and pay you in sex.
Quote by SacredxSuperman
the manager was basically a douche and plays politics/favoritism around there.

Haha that blows. I do lighting for drama productions, town meetings, dance recitals and anyone else that uses the facilities in our town. The other tech girl who sometimes gets put in charge favors this girl she breeded to be EXACTLY like her....so I got sick of being shafted out of money and went over her head to our boss and now neither of them work as much as I do and I got hired by a DJ company like three days ago.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Well I was going to go out today and look for some places hiring delivery guys, haven't been offered yet. But with summer here, and gas prices high with people not wanting to drive, I think I can find something.
Quote by MightyAl
Get the job. Just remember, at least 50% of your deliveries will be made to female bisexual couples who will just happen to have no money, and pay you in sex.

A man can only dream ...
Quote by lolcats
Take the job, who knows, one day you could deliver pizza to a scientist, then, as you wait for the scientist to appear, you could fall into a time travelling type machine, meet a robot friend and have all types of adventures before your show gets cancelled!

futurama +1
Quote by Teh Forest King
Haha that blows. I do lighting for drama productions, town meetings, dance recitals and anyone else that uses the facilities in our town. The other tech girl who sometimes gets put in charge favors this girl she breeded to be EXACTLY like her....so I got sick of being shafted out of money and went over her head to our boss and now neither of them work as much as I do and I got hired by a DJ company like three days ago.

I know exactly what you mean. Cept the top boss was oblivious and really didn't care much either. So whatever, I wanted out of there anyway, this just helped it occur faster.
go for it, done a couple of delivery jobs whilst i was at sixth form and always had more money than most of my friends, try to find somewhere that pays cash in hand tho!! kebabs stink by the way!!
How would you guys go about finding the address though? I was thinking about just going in for a GPS system.
Last edited by SacredxSuperman at Jun 3, 2008,
If it's just in your town they'd probably want you to know the roads like the back of your hand.
Quote by SacredxSuperman
How would you guys go about finding the address though? I was thinking about just going in for a GPA system.

Either know the area where you live, or use a map. It's like 1% of the price of a GPS, and far more reliable.
When was the last time the battery on a map died?
Quote by MightyAl
Either know the area where you live, or use a map. It's like 1% of the price of a GPS, and far more reliable.
When was the last time the battery on a map died?

That is true, and woops hit the A key instead of S, ah anyway. I know the town pretty well, but sometimes it does help having a map for certain small spots I don't travel to much.
Also another random question. What kind of place is best to deliver for in terms of payment and tips, a pizza place, or some other food spot, and if other food spot, what kind?
Quote by seljer
gas is going up ^^^^

:P

Well yeah I understand that as I've stated ... but I still could use a job either way.