Hello. I want a pedal which I can use to do following:

-Get different amp sounds
-Record through PC
-Drum tracks / Beats / Metronom
-Distrotion effects
-Wahwah
-Chorus, Delay, Flanger, Echo etc
-Tune the guitar through the effect pedal

Which pedal will suit my needs the most?
Hey man,
I love the zoom g2.1u, its a really killer little unit.
The amp sims arn't the best but after a little tweaking you can make them sound alright. The effects are great, especially the delay. There's about 50 drum tracks to choose from and there's one for every genre imaginable. The tuner is really good though its quite hard to access. I havn't tried recording through it but I guess it would be fine.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Hey man,
I love the zoom g2.1u, its a really killer little unit.
The amp sims arn't the best but after a little tweaking you can make them sound alright. The effects are great, especially the delay. There's about 50 drum tracks to choose from and there's one for every genre imaginable. The tuner is really good though its quite hard to access. I havn't tried recording through it but I guess it would be fine.

Ok, thanks =) Ever tried the Floor Pod?
Na mate, never tried any line6 effects.
Just check out the tube for some vids though.
The line6 site also has soundclips.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Or check out the Digitech RP250, it does more than either of them and is cheaper.
Quote by hunter33
Or check out the Digitech RP250, it does more than either of them and is cheaper.

wow ^^ I'll check it out
Quote by hunter33

and by the way.... it's the same price for the Digitech and the Zoom, atleast from where I checked it!
the zooms aren't bad..

which line6 floor unit are you getting? is the XT live?

if it is, the XT blow the zoom out of the water.. (i have both)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
The XT would definitely pwn the Zoom, but he's not talking about the XT. He's talking about the Floor Pod, which I believe isn't that great.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
The XT would definitely pwn the Zoom, but he's not talking about the XT. He's talking about the Floor Pod, which I believe isn't that great.

oh right i think i know which unit that is.. never tried it.. it just kinda looks like a watered down version of a spider.

which we all know how great those are.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
yes, I'm talking about Floor Pod (no XT or X3 or Live)

So... the zoom is better than the Floor Pod?
The POD is definately in another league than the Zoom and the Digitech.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Horlicks
Line 6 without a doubt, the Zoom is an absoulute crock as is the Digitech

I used to have a Digitech RP250 and it was a nice piece of kit. The Line 6 Floor POD is a cheap unit, feature light and made of plastic but still fine for home use and light live playing. The Line 6 XT and Live are nice, they also cost considerably more than the RP250 & Zoom G2.1u.
Quote by hunter33
I used to have a Digitech RP250 and it was a nice piece of kit. The Line 6 Floor POD is a cheap unit, feature light and made of plastic but still fine for home use and light live playing. The Line 6 XT and Live are nice, they also cost considerably more than the RP250 & Zoom G2.1u.

I guess I have high expectations, but to me the Line 6 was a lot better sounding.
Well first off..

The Line 6 Floor Pod isn't that great.. it's real digital, flat, thin.. yucky tone imo.. you can get chords to sound ok but for lead notes it just is gross.

but I can say the same about the rest to be honest..

the Zoom G2.1u I actually found very similiar to some of the pods.. and the Digitech RPs I just hate :X
they have crappy effects, lol half-wah anybody?
and the distortion sims are just terrible.

alot of the effects on these things aren't that good either.

sadly, I like the tone off a microcube over these things by far.

if you want a decent multi-effects you have to pay a little more.. I've heard the POD XT (Live) and Boss Gt-10 are pretty good.

maybe get a POD XT offa' ebay or something.. shouldn't cost more then 300?
It's 400 bux new. (for the live one)

There's also some new Zoom pedal that's pretty decent too.

but if you have to get one of the other three then the Line 6 Floor Pod is your best bet.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Jun 4, 2008,
If you like spiders get the floor pod. If not get a real amp. =]

rp350 has about the same feature as the floor pod but sounds better and has more realistic combinations. Go with the RP series[make sure it's the newest generation] but if you have around 300 bucks get a nice modeling amp, like a Fender Super Champ XD.
I got some good guitars, yo.