I'm thinking of buying a higher end guitar than my X-6.

And I've decided to buy a higher end Epiphone - low end Gibby.

(Don't ask)

Anyways, I was looking through Ebay and I came across

http://cgi.ebay.com/Les-Paul-GIBSON-Studio-electric-guitar-dark-green-MINT_W0QQitemZ200227567907QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And I was wondering if this is a real Gibson because I googled everything and couldn't find a Studio of that color.

Just FYI,

It's a 1979 or 1980 Gibson Studio in a metallic greenish color.

Thanks
i still wouldn't buy, lets just say low end gibson's are not the best of the bunch.
Could do, id try a japanese tokai, everyone says they are really good for the money, havent got to try one myself tho
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
the Epi Elitist series is, i believe, to be of much higher quality than the low end gibsons of about the same price. with Gibson, and alot of other brands, you're paying for the name on the headstock, not the guitar quality. try some "knock-off" brands like Agile for a great quality LP that won't break the bank.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Supposedly, the Agile Al3000's and above are way better than any Epiphone. Some people say they're as good as Gibsons. To top things off, they're less than $400.
Gibson Studio's are great guitars, but you have to ask yourself if you want a Gibson or just an LP. If you just want an LP, look for an Edwards LP. Made over in Japan. Quality of 1000 series ltd's.

Edwards available here.
http://www.katanaguitars.com/main/top.html
Last edited by mogar at Jun 3, 2008,
Well, I think I'd like to see Gibson or Epiphone on it for the first time. I have actually already gone through quite a few unheard of brands of guitars, and I could say I'm kind of tired. XD

Just asking though, is that guitar a real Gibson?
Looks real to me. I remember seeing them available in that color before.
So how do Gibson Studios compete in the guitar market? I heard they're hit and miss?
Look at it this way, no maker in the world can make a gem every single time. Just try one, you may like or you may not. At least gibby's hold their value well so you won't take a hit if you decide to sell it to try another.
Haha alrighty then!

Thanks so much for your opinions!

(You win a gold star in my book)
I wouldnt trust the guy to far. Looking at the ad hes not from the US like he says he is. So its probably a fake. Never heard em called string tighteners except in places like china that doesnt have a word for tuners.
Quote by Tackleberry
I wouldnt trust the guy to far. Looking at the ad hes not from the US like he says he is. So its probably a fake. Never heard em called string tighteners except in places like china that doesnt have a word for tuners.

Actually, he just seems more like an ill-informed pawn shop owner.
Quote by kckyle
i didnt know studios were started in the late 70s

Lol, yeah.....like I said, ill-informed pawn shop owner.
I wouldn't bother with it.

If you're going to get a Gibson Studio, you have to play it first, because their quality control is as random as the average Epiphone and it's easy to get a bad one.
I think your best bet is either an Epiphone Elitist, if you're not willing to risk other brands (I don't blame you, I'm always suspicious of a lot of the obscure small brands people name on here out of the blue). Though I will say ESP make great LP copies about the same level of quality (and price) as Epi Elitists, and ESP is a very well respected and long-established brand.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I don't really like any of the Elitist finishes...

Gibson's honeyburst is the sex!