I'm no stranger to 7 strings, I've been wailing on brothers RG7321 for about a year now. Its nice, but I decided its time to get one of my own, I've been doing research based on these requirements-

Budget- £500 at the most
Preferably hardtail- won't use a trem
Thin neck

Theres others, but those are the most important. So, I came up with these-

Ibanez Apex 2

Mahogany Body
5-pcs Wizard II-7 neck (25.5" scale)
Rosewood Fretboard
24 Jumbo Frets
Tone Pros 7 Bridge with String through Body
2 DiMarzio PAF 7 Humbucker

Good specs but I'm not a fan of the colour and I'm pushing the budget a bit.

Schecter Demon 7

Basswood body
Maple neck (25.5" scale)
Rosewood fretboard
24 frets
Tune-O-Matic bridge with strings through body
2 Duncan-designed HB-105 active pickups

Its a good price and decent specs, but I'm afraid the neck may be a bit baseball bat-ish.

So, which one should I buy and why? If you have any other suggestions I'm more than glad to hear them.

Thanks guys

Tom

EDIT: Just realised this is in the wrong section, sorry.
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Jun 3, 2008,
although thats not my favorite model. go with the schecter. im not a big ibanez fan. thats just me though. ibanez has made some greate guitars. but shecter is more my style.
id vote schecter , that color on the ibanez is the worst ever ^^

but not that schecter

id say this one http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_c_7_blackjack_atx_absn.htm

c-7 blackjack ATX

its only £16 over your budget, its worth it for a good guitar
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard