Any good?

Its Marshall so im not expecting extreme amounts of distortion.

Its going to a replacement for my metalzone so pretty much anything is an improvement.

Tone isn't to much of an issue because of my EQ pedal but can it get some Marshall tones? Or is it like the MG? ?(a piece of sh!t with a Marshall sticker slapped on it)

Thanks.
It's actually pretty good for a (fairly)cheap pedal.

Yes, it does have a pretty good marshally sound.
Quote by saltysnail
It's actually pretty good for a (fairly)cheap pedal.

Yes, it does have a pretty good marshally sound.

How much distortion can i get out of it?
i own this pedal. I would say it's actually pretty good, especially for the price. Much better than the oh so popular Boss DS-1 in my opinion. It was a good purchase for me although i wouldn't go as far to say it's amazing.
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
Quote by Koolcow
i own this pedal. I would say it's actually pretty good, especially for the price. Much better than the oh so popular Boss DS-1 in my opinion. It was a good purchase for me although i wouldn't go as far to say it's amazing.

Ah. My backup was going to be the DS-1.

So how much gain will it put out? I'm looking to get anything from AC/DC crunch to old metallica type distortion.

Can this pedal do that?

EDIT: Is it distortion or overdrive?
I own it, and i love it in combination with my JCM900. I also tried it with my Peavey Rage 15W Solid State amp and didn't really like it... So i wouldn't recommend to use it in front of a solid state amp...

EDIT: And you can't switch between distortion and overdrive... It's overdrive only, but produces pretty much overdrive itself...
Last edited by TomC87 at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by TomC87
I own it, and i love it in combination with my JCM900. I also tried it with my Peavey Rage 15W Solid State amp and didn't really like it... So i wouldn't recommend to use it in front of a solid state amp...

I will give it a shot in the music store (They have an amp pretty similar to mine.)
I use it as my "3rd channel".

I have it on my pedal board as my "lighter" distortion, as my 2nd amp channel is modern metal, it does crunch to pretty extreme stuff pretty well.

Combine it with a boss OD and a wah and your in amazing solo country..
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
So has anyone else tried this with a SS amp?

Im going to the music store in a few hours and i want to know if it will work with my amp.

(Im going to try it out anyway)