and im gonna try out some heads. Right now I play a randall rh200 and im in a technical death metal band. Really heavy **** in the vein of origin, spawn of possesion, braindrill, dying fetus. My guitar is tuned to C#. My budget varies I would like to stay under 1400 dollars but im willing to go up. I want an all tube head. I've read a bunch of threads on here and I have a really good idea of what I want. Im looking at peavey XXX, Peavey JSX, and a 5150. The store here has a 5150III for 1200 bucks used in pristine condition. What would you guys go for for a really brutal techy sound. Im gonna run a sonic maximizer and some other rack gear when I get more money. I would deffiantley want to go for the amps in this budget but if it would be smart enough to save up for a engl powerball im willing to do so.
I'm happy with my JSX. I can get really good death metal tones from it and I run a Sonic Maximizer through the loop too. The 5150/6505 is another good choice, but they tend to be on the noisy side.
When you demo them you'll know what works for you.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
If you can find a used Mesa Mark IV head...I doubt you'd be disappointed.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden