Hey. My Squier vintage Strat still has the standard pickups on it. I've been thinking about trading this one in for an Epi SG400. Would it be worth it to keep the Squier and change the pickups(if so, which ones?), or just to buy the Epi SG?
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
They're totally different guitars, it's a matter of what suits you better, Mahogany, set neck and humbuckers or (I assume) Alder, bolt-on and single coils.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Bloodoath
Hey. My Squier vintage Strat still has the standard pickups on it. I've been thinking about trading this one in for an Epi SG400. Would it be worth it to keep the Squier and change the pickups(if so, which ones?), or just to buy the Epi SG?

Get some new pickups off guitarfetish.com and get a new amp!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
@timi

Well, I play alot of metalcore, but I also need the versatility to be able to play light rock.

I personally love my Strat, but I also love Epi SG400s. So really its just a choice of which would sound better. Strat with new pickups or the Epi SG.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

Last edited by Bloodoath at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by Bloodoath
@timi

Well, I play alot of metalcore, but I also need the versatility to be able to play light rock.

I personally love my Strat, but I also love Epi SG400s. So really its just a choice of which would sound better. Strat with new pickups or the Epi SG.

Again I say, the best pickups for the money are the ones on guitarfetish.com. Save yourself a little money, buy an amp that you don't loathe, then get the G-400. My only electric is a Tele and I play metal on it just fine.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Okay, thats what I was hoping some one would say. thanks :P
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

I agree with Timi, the G-400 would suit what you play better than a Strat in general. But, replacing the pups in a squier isn't a bad thing. Actually it's pretty common. But why not address the amp issue first? If you don't like the sound/tones from it, changing guitars won't get you where you really want to go.
Well I know that I'm getting a new amp. I actually have my list here. I'm just trying to figure out approximately how much this whole thing is gunna cost me before I go out and blow the bank.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

Quote by Bloodoath
Well I know that I'm getting a new amp. I actually have my list here. I'm just trying to figure out approximately how much this whole thing is gunna cost me before I go out and blow the bank.

Got it. Sounds like a good plan.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson