I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now and so I want to start learning some bass, I'm picking up an Ibanez Sound Gear SR300DX(?) tomorrow but I want to know what a good bass amp to buy is that is less than $150. I know I don't have much to spend on an amp but it's not like im gonna be playing any gigs or anything so I was wondering what you could suggest? And what do you think about this combo I found?
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
Ummm...if you've only been playing two years, maybe you should just focus on one instrument.

Just my opinion.
Also what is 21:13?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

I don't know about any specific amp that you should buy, but it seems to be general consensus on this forum to avoid Behringer amps at all costs. As for the combo, never tried it, but you may be able to get another amp with higher wattage in the same price range. 15 watts isn't very much to work with especially if you plan on playing with a drummer anytime soon.
Quote by jc71corvette
its 9:13 PM.

Wait, whats special about that?
Sorry if this is noobish, but i've never seen it before.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Quote by ProneSolution
Wait, whats special about that?
Sorry if this is noobish, but i've never seen it before.

it's military time.

anyways... back on topic....

i'd stay away from the Marshall amps, there's a lot better value stuff out there. plus, 15W amps are strictly for bedroom practice, cuz you'll never be heard with a drummer and a guitarist. I would say save up some more money and look into a larger amp from peavey, ampeg, ashdown, or fender. those are very popular in these forums.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Well like I said before, " it's not like im gonna be playing any gigs or anything. " I'm only 14 and want to learn bass which won't really affect my guitar playing. This would just be a practice amp in which I would just use to play all the stuff I learn. I won't be playing in a band so I don't need an amp that overpowers a drum and guitar.

Pronesolution: I'm a Coheed and Cambria fan, 21:13 is one of their best songs and I just use it as my picture :-P. And also I already play 3 different instruments so I don't think bass will hurt.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
Whats wrong with playing two instruments at once? I play guitar, I want to start bass again, and I play some piano.

nothing wrong
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
Whats wrong with playing two instruments at once? I play guitar, I want to start bass again, and I play some piano.

nothing wrong

Nothings wrong with it, I was just saying that if he is still learning guitar, maybe he should stick to it, instead of trying different things. I could very well be wrong, but I'm speaking from experience. I started playing piano, and decided I wanted to learn to play a few instruments before finally sticking with something, that turned out to be guitar.

Just my opinion. Disregard it if you wish.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

If anything playing the Bass actually improved my guitar playing.

Its down to choice at the end of the day. Nothing wrong with learning two or more instruments at once imo.
Quote by ProneSolution
Nothings wrong with it, I was just saying that if he is still learning guitar, maybe he should stick to it, instead of trying different things. I could very well be wrong, but I'm speaking from experience. I started playing piano, and decided I wanted to learn to play a few instruments before finally sticking with something, that turned out to be guitar.

Just my opinion. Disregard it if you wish.

But you wouldn't have played guitar if it wasn't for trying out different instruments, right?
Quote by Krepps
But you wouldn't have played guitar if it wasn't for trying out different instruments, right?

Probably not. I don't know, I can't say for sure. But around the time that I started playing guitar, I decided that I needed to stop switching. So I stayed with guitar, and I'm pretty happy about that now.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

marshall aint great, specially the MB's, ashdown perfect ten id say, im tryin to swith ma marshall for one lol
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
not another one for gods sake. Read the FAQ in the bass guitar forum
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp