I'm getting my first electric guitar as a graduation present and I'm going to be getting the Epiphone G400
I was wondering would be a decent starter amp for it because I have to keep it relatively cheap (< $100 would be preferred)

Btw I'm going to go to samash, so if you know of any that they have thanks

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=0&TempID=1&DepartmentID=1&STRID=11211&CategorySubID=1047&CategoryID=1047&BrandID=1343&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true
hopefully that one works...SamAsh links in my favorites tend to change randomly...so yeah
Last edited by Carnae839 at Jun 3, 2008,
link dont work
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Jun 3, 2008,
i really like my 10 watt marshall mg, and it was only 70 dollars. i know everyone talks bad about mg's, and they do sound like crap at high volume, but for practicing volume levels, i think it sounds pretty good. as long as you keep the gain on them under 12 ocklock, it has a good sounding overdrive too.
Uh, you might want to look for a real amp, this "marshall" is a toy. Look at the vox DA5 or Roland Microcube if you want to keep it small.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
roland microcube. hands down.
marshall mg=future regrets.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
well the vox and roland are better, but theyll cost more than 100 bucks, but an extra 25 or 40 dollars isnt a whole lot so i'd say go with the roland. its one of the best practice amps and its really versatile. just dont get a spider
the guitar is good. its pretty much on the same level of the epi les paul standard, but instead its the sg.
The G-400 is basically the best cheap guitar. Easily the quality of LP Standards, but cut price just because there's less demand for SGs than there is for LPs. And unlike the Epi LPs which are out-done by copies from other brands (other brands either make other LPs of the same quality but cheaper, or better quality at the same price), the G-400 really isn't out-done by anyone. I've tried SGs in the same price range from Agile, Vintage, ESP, Stagg and Westfield (literally all the SG copies you can buy in this country), and the Epi G-400 beat them all in both quality and price.

As for amp, the Microcube is a good bet. Though I'd more suggest saving up a bit more and getting either an Epiphone Valve Jr or a Fender Champion 600. Great little 5w tube practice amps, and well worth the extra cash. I don't know what the prices are in America, but here in the UK you can get them for only about £50 more than a Microcube if you shop around.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Get it in white
or the Cherry Red if you like
(The cherry red is beautiful, but I still like the white one more)

For amp..
I say Vox DA5
They say it's alot better than the MicroCube
Because the Cube sounds to digital compared to the Vox
And that the Vox sounds very natural and valve like (Although it is a Solid State)
Everyone is selling their cubes to get a DA5

Last.
Look on www.craigslist.com
I like the DA5 and it seems to have more effects and combinations but is it really better?
Any other opinions on the Roland Micro cube vs. Vox DA5?

and as far as cherry red vs. white
def. going with the red
Quote by Carnae839
I like the DA5 and it seems to have more effects and combinations but is it really better?

def. going with the red

Try them out both first.
Might want to go for the Vox though, since I "hear" it's better

and fine choice on the finish
I use to have the G-400 in Cherry Red.
Amazing finish and look I must say.
Everyone that saw it was impressed
Quote by Carnae839

def. going with the red

DA 5 is better IMO.