Page 1 of 2
now i know that $300 is not alot for a guitar and i dont expect it to be gibson quality but, last week when i was playing with my band i realized just how bad my guitar is. It was going out of tune like crazy alot of my frets are raised, and i just want a new guitar ( and if im lucky i can save up and buy it as my birthday present to me). Anyway i was looking at the Epi LP 100, would this be my best bet?
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
No it wont be any better than what you have now. I bought 1 a while back they dont stay in tune and has pretty crappy frets to. And the pickups arent very good. I bought it for the body and neck so all those problems were fixed cheaper than a warmoth body and neck.
some of the epiphone g400 sg's are 299, and the ones i've played are pretty good. dont get the lp100. the g400 faded i think is build to the same specs as the standard g400, exept for the finish.
An Ibanez GRX20 is the way to go. I bought mine for $180 and it's really good. It stays in tune very well until you use the whammy but if you need to use the whammy a lot just get a guitar with a floyd rose trem system in it. For another $100 you can get the Ibanez RG370DX which has this and a wizard neck II. It's a really good guitar. But if you're looking for a good guitar for a smaller price the GRX20 is the way to go. I still use mine even though it's almost my first guitar. Hope this helps.
For $300 exact you could get an Ibanez RG2EX1, it has a great feel but just the pickups are passive EMG's I think.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
Quote by Assassin1680
For $300 exact you could get an Ibanez RG2EX1, it has a great feel but just the pickups are passive EMG's I think.

That sounds like a ****ing sweet deal! Im going to check that out on Muscians Friend Thanks mate.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
I have an epiphone dot studio
pretty cheap
great sound, especially for the price
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
instead of a new guitar, get an amp, ur guitar is fine, and ur amp is 50+% of your sound, i suggest a vox valvetronix ad30vt have one and an epi les paul, and dang what a killer combo
I've got the RG3EX1, which is the same guitar as the RG2 except that it's got a quilted maple top. Overall I'm happy with the guitar. I found the pickups to be a tad dull sounding, but when my instructor played it, the guitar sounded very nice. Point is, it's my lack of skill and lack of a quality amp that's holding the guitar back, not vise versa. I still don't think the guitar has the best cleans if you're after a classic rock type of sound, but if you play anything with distortion, those pickups sound nice.
I have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Got it on sale for about 300. I think the price is still around there. It has two humbuckers and sounds real nice and stays in tune pretty well unless you go absolutely crazy with it.
You could get a nice Agile 2000 or 2500 plus a case for a smidge over 300 (with the 2000 it'd be under 300 though).
I think that im going to get an ibanez i dont know which one yet though
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
Quote by CQBer
I think that im going to get an ibanez i dont know which one yet though

Can't go wrong with an Ibanez if you're looking for a gitar in that price range.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RE2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492

C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
i was just thinking about it and should i get the ibanez RG2EX1 when it is the exact same price as the epiphone G-400, i have always liked SGs but i just got one a month ago but i here is the best SG under a gibson
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
If your into more Blues music or Classic rock, get a MIM Strat off Ebay for like 250 Bucks. Good deal.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
any of the low end ibanez are great for their price. at least with my experience with them
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
I bought a Dean VX for 185 and it's a really nice guitar! It can play anything from Blues to Thrash.
Quote by CQBer
i was just thinking about it and should i get the ibanez RG2EX1 when it is the exact same price as the epiphone G-400, i have always liked SGs but i just got one a month ago but i here is the best SG under a gibson

no one has answered my question yet
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
Quote by FireandFlames
If you're in the <$300 price range, Agile would be your best bet.

I was going to buy it from guitar center but they dont carry them
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
Quote by nekromantic
I have an epiphone dot studio
pretty cheap
great sound, especially for the price

Seconded.

Oh, hey, it's Mr. Duo Jet again! Hey man.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
In my country we have Ibanez rg321ex i guess the only difference is the reverse headstock in 321ex are they good guitars? i will buy one maybe cos im bored of the floyd rose. do they stay in tune well? or we'll have to tune it eveyday?
Epiphone LP-100 $269.99

DOT Studios have a nice sound but the QC is atrocious. Knobs falling off. Visible electronics.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Last edited by Dav23 at Jun 4, 2008,
The Firebird studio's well worth checking out- I might actually buy one soon.

Apart from that, go with Agile.
Quote by CQBer
no one has answered my question yet

An Rg321 will prolly be a better choice as it has more versatility.
Ibanez RG321MH - Royal Blue = sexness
Quote by sK_yoda
An Rg321 will prolly be a better choice as it has more versatility.

I was thinking of getting the RG321 actually
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
As with most Ibanez guitars, they're awesome if you're willing to shell out on some replacement pickups. Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge and Mississippi Queen in the neck, anyone?
Quote by Spartan101400
I bought a Dean VX for 185 and it's a really nice guitar! It can play anything from Blues to Thrash.

same here. I got a dean vx awhile ago. and I feel in love with it. you can play a wide variety of music...only I got mine for 200 D: but still happy with my purchase
Quote by CQBer

Go for it, or save another $100 (as mentioned) and get an Ibanez RG350DX (or EX).
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by CQBer

You might also want to check out the sa320 in that case.

Similar Sound.. has tremolo but looks awesome in the wood colour. reddish wood color = sex

And no DONT save an extra $100 for a 350dx.. it has the same pickups and same features apart from the edge III which gives many issues.
Ibanez RG321MH - Royal Blue = sexness
Anything Godin or from the Lasido group. You can occasionally score a Godin of some sort for $300 or so.

In fact, I'm selling a Godin Exit 22 right now for right around $300 ($315 actually).

I'll take one of these high quality US/Canadian made guitars over some cheeseball import any day!
Page 1 of 2