I have a Fostex MR16 and I want to know can I move a .wav file of hydrogen drums onto the Fostex multitrack recorder??

so basically i want to compose all the drums on hydrogen, put them on the multitracker and then complete the song as normal adding more tracks (guitar, vocals etc.).

will the file containing the drum sounds be one track on the recorder?

thanks very much, i really appreciate any help i get in this forum as recording/technology are REALLY my weak point!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

You'll prolly have to combine the files somehow. Make it so they both either play attached to each other or play as the same file. Idk how to do that, but makes sense, don't it?
I actually have a similar question only a different recording device.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
thats more or less how i do my drums for my own tunes..

if you just have the whole mixed down track.. then it'll just use up that one track.. it might be smart enough to make it a stereo track.. if its not, then make two of the same, and pan one hard left and the other hard right.

if you want individual tracks for each percussion piece.. simply make wav.'s from each instrument (hi hats, kickdrum, snare.. etc.) and give each piece its own track.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
thats more or less how i do my drums for my own tunes..

if you just have the whole mixed down track.. then it'll just use up that one track.. it might be smart enough to make it a stereo track.. if its not, then make two of the same, and pan one hard left and the other hard right.

if you want individual tracks for each percussion piece.. simply make wav.'s from each instrument (hi hats, kickdrum, snare.. etc.) and give each piece its own track.

cool!!!

great help

just to clarify......

ill be pretty much making the entire "track" of drums on my computer on hydrogen, so all panning of individual drums will be done on the computer.

basically when im 100% happy with the drums i can import the file onto my multitracker and then continue as normal from there, adding tracks of vocals guitar or whatever....

yeah?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

more than likely, you should be able to just import it using the USB function.
have fun!!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
brilliant news!!

thanks!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX