Ok, so first off im not entirely sure this is the right thread for this, but i couldnt think of elsewhere thatd be suitable.
anyhoo.
I'm considering teaching guitar locally, its easy money and minimum effort.
you cant be bad to a tenner for half an hours work.
though im not entirely sure what the interest level would be like?
I'm a 17 year old, ive got the guts of 6 years experience, though i'd say id only suffice to teach beginner properly.
The question i am here to ask, ug, is do any of you know of/have any suggestions of material i could teach a beginner.
Links to pdf's or what have you would be sorely appreciated.
also some general feedback on the idea would be appreciated.
cheers guys!
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
Teach people what they want to learn. Or famous tunes... like the Simpsons. Go back to thinking what you did when you were a beginner!
Thanks for reading
Simple, open chords. Pentatonic Major and minor. lots of simple stuff, but remember, because they are a biginner they will want to be able to play something fun. so easy songs that they wanna learn... jammin with that etc

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
When I took lessons near the very beginning like the 3rd or 4th lesson My teacher had my learn Back in Black by AC/DC. At on point or another he always has he students learn this song. He says it teaches moving from open chords very well and just some other stuff that you can learn on this easy song. My advice, teach Back in Black. It'll make them want to practice 'cause it's a cool song and they are learning at the same time.
Ok, so first off im not entirely sure this is the right thread for this, but i couldnt think of elsewhere thatd be suitable.
anyhoo.
I'm considering teaching guitar locally, its easy money and minimum effort.
you cant be bad to a tenner for half an hours work.
though im not entirely sure what the interest level would be like?
I'm a 17 year old, ive got the guts of 6 years experience, though i'd say id only suffice to teach beginner properly.
The question i am here to ask, ug, is do any of you know of/have any suggestions of material i could teach a beginner.
Links to pdf's or what have you would be sorely appreciated.
also some general feedback on the idea would be appreciated.
cheers guys!

Teach them what you were thought when you first started.My notes when I first started palying guitar are what I use... along with simple guitar studys and whatnot.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
scales
basic cord
strumming patterns
how to tune guitar
try solo'ing using scales such as pentatonic scale over cords

yes i have had lessons lol
SIG
Really it depends on the level of the student. If for example they can't play anything or it hurts when they play something you first need to teach them for at least a month to adapt to the guitar. After this, you need to teach the basics: Open Chords. After this they will probably ask for learning a song and try to teach it or to adapt it to their level. This will make the student happy because he actually plays something at last and it also means that they are able to play something. After a couple of months you then need to teach scales but always teach them by example: Em Pentatonic - Little Wing. You play the song, and you teach them why they need this.

I know a lot of this because I also teach around here in Peru to people younger than me. Finally I would like to say that is basic to teach theory to the students because a good theory is a excellent basis for a good musician, but pure theory is nothing, you need to set example, explain how the example uses theory and show them to apply theory.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay