Hey, I've been playing a worn down hand-me-down accoustic for about a year, and I think I'm wanting to make the switch to electric. I'm completely tired of having a crappy guitar, so I've chosen a couple of guitars that I'll have to save some for... I've been seriously thinking about either getting a Gibson Firebird V or an RZK LTD-600.

Some info on me-
Likes-Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative
Dislikes- Anything other than above listed Genres
Want a quality guitar that I wont have to settle with, but also wont kill me over working to pay for it...

RZK ----Firebird
$975 ---$1895 (Thats a lot!)

obviously the differences in money are unbelivable... I work on a weekly wage of about 15 bucks a week... (sad, I know) I have about $200 dollars... if anyone has any suggestions/advice/help I'd be really grateful...

-Van
Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 3, 2008,
:O Well you are exactly like me...

I was suprised that you picked my 2 dream guitars!!!

To be fair, i havn't played either, but from who normally plays each one.

I think the RZK would be better as it is used for a Industrial Metal Band, when most bands who use firebirds are more indie (Even though the guitar are sexy as hell)

So i am ASSUMING the RZK

Sorry its not very good advice...

But yeah...

(Rammstein are gods!!!)
:O Well you are exactly like me...

I was suprised that you picked my 2 dream guitars!!!

To be fair, i havn't played either, but from who normally plays each one.

I think the RZK would be better as it is used for a Industrial Metal Band, when most bands who use firebirds are more indie (Even though the guitar are sexy as hell)

So i am ASSUMING the RZK

Sorry its not very good advice...

But yeah...

Quote by JFY
Rammstein are gods!!!)

Hell Yeah they are!
I suggest a midrange electric guitar and a midrange/decent amp, there's no point in getting a fancy posh Gibson or w/e and having a poor/no amp, it just doesn't work like that.
I know I need to save some money for the amp and other accesories... I know a guy who works at a small time guitar store (they dont have the RZK or the Firebird... Go figure) but hes gonna let me try out some amps.

BTW- KCKyle, where can I get a firebird V for 1 grand? everything I've seen has been about $1800
BTW, a couple of questions on them
Obviously the RZK sounds metal, but what amp would you suggest for that sound?
And does the firebird sound metal or is it softer?

-Van
more metalish i would think. idk if is heavier thn the rzk. but the firebird would do fine in metal and hard rock genre. i would suggest a 6505/5150 combo or if you have the money get a mesa boogie roadster.