I normally play heavy metal riffs or shredding and stuff but I've recently taken an interest in acoustic guitar.
Now, can anyone give a few examples of techniques for good acoustic pieces and soloing?
for example alternate string picking and stuff like tremolo picking. other than that i dont really know any impressive acoustic techniques

thanks
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
just hit some strings and put your fingers on the frets... thats all i do.
Quote by uvq
just hit some strings and put your fingers on the frets... thats all i do.

yep, you will definitely go places if you keep that up
xxx

Tremelo (or tremolo...I never remember which is which), rasguedo, golpe (tapping the body with your hands), pretty much just naming of flamenco techniques, but you can do them on yur acoustic as well. Look at McKee like the other guy said but also check out some John Butler, and some flamenco guitarists. Tommy Emmanuel also does some pretty incredible things with his acoustic guitar. Check out his songs like House of the Rising Sun, Guitar Boogie, and Initiation (the last of which is pretty cool in terms of making different sounds with the acoustic).
ok thanks guys, i can finger pick already though so thats a head start =)
xxx

A good well developed alternate picking can be more impressive than tapping or others fancy techniques. Check out for Al Di Meola's songs.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS