dont know if you remember the question i asked the other daqy about triplets...but i started workin on it a bit and....of course ran into another issue....i am pretty sure there is sweep picking involved...whats the technique for that? i kinda know..but i dont..like sweep picking is kinda self explanitory..i just dont know how to go about performing it..ya know?....thanx fer the help in advance!
the song i was learning was the solo in avenged sevenfolds "afterlife" in case you dont remember my question from the other day
Look at the millions of sweeping lessons on the UG lessons section.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by ibanez_rocker
Look at the millions of sweeping lessons on the UG lessons section.

i know i like askin people on here rather then looking i usually get better advice and its usualyl easier for me to get too.......
Quote by Synyster_Louise
i know i like askin people on here rather then looking i usually get better advice and its usualyl easier for me to get too.......

the best advice you get here....

and so far the ONLY advice is too LOOK AT THE MILLIONS OF LESSONS

Sorry to be harsh but threads like this are somewhat clogging
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Sweep picking is, for want of a better term, rock hard - it's an advanced technique that you wouldn't really go near unless you're all-round technique is pretty darn slick, ie your picking is accurate and fairly quick and your left hand is pretty nimbe and also accurate, not to mention being able to keep both hands synchronised at speed.

The concept is simple, you play with one fluid right hand motion, fingering each one individually with the left hand and using muting to ensure the notes remain distinct and separate. In practice it's damned tricky to nail and can take ages to get right. There's people who'll play their entire life and never get the hang of it or even go near so don't panic because you won't be able to do it right off the bat. You'll need to spend a good while playing around with simple sweep-picking exercises to get the hang of it before trying to use it in a song, just start with simple 3 string sweeps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by chimpinatux
the best advice you get here....

and so far the ONLY advice is too LOOK AT THE MILLIONS OF LESSONS

Sorry to be harsh but threads like this are somewhat clogging

eh, thats alright prolly should looked first n e ways...my fault.....

and also i figured it would prolly be to advanced so no biggy...i'll just keep practicin what i know for now....thanx!