I think Steve Vai is one of the most innovative guitarists out there. On every new record, he adds more techniques and innovations. He's one of the few guitar virtuosos who is constantly growing in surprising and interesting ways. He also has several weird and ecclectic musical ideas, which are on his site (www.vai.com) and have the exact link next to them in parentheses. Some of these include two-handed chords (http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/twohandedchords.html), several weird noises (ttp://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/weird_noises.html), a very ecclectic article on theory called "Tempo Mental" (http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/tempomental.html), a 7-part article on musical uniqueness and expression called "Martian Love Secrets" (http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/MLS_index.html), and those are jus the ones he decided to share with us on his site.
I list Steve Vai as one of my influences (long with Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads) and use many of his techniques in my own way. I especially try to create my own uniqueness and my own innovations. Eventually, I hope to be as innovative as he is and influence others as he's influenced me and thousands more.

Your thoughts?
First reply, and you got owned by the search bar. Sickened.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Well, it's plain certain people need to grow up and stick on the ****in topic. Question, Jaysifer, do you even know who Steve Vai is? (Beyond wat I posted bove course.) If not, please quit spammin.

You links don't work for the most part, this should be in the shred forum and the search bar is there for a reason: Vai is done to death in terms of posts.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Well, Vai has been covered a billion times on this forum.

But yeah, he ain't bad, eh?

Maybe he has been covered a lot. But I want some thoughts on him from other users. And not spam like I keep gettin. Please quit the spam, guys. Otherwise, why even waste my time to post **** like this?
Well, really, there is a reason for the search bar.

I masturbate to Vai, so I can relate, but before I made a topic about him I used the handy dandy search bar and went to the most active topic.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Mr Petrucci tends to disagree with your statement.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Dudez whos vai i'm nevr herd of him!!!!!!111!!one!!!1
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Metallist65
Maybe he has been covered a lot. But I want some thoughts on him from other users. And not spam like I keep gettin. Please quit the spam, guys. Otherwise, why even waste my time to post **** like this?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504109&highlight=vai

There you go, 31 pages of other people's thoughts.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Metallist65

a thread on a particular artist goes in the bands and artist section.

so in fact this thread itself is spam, not the other posts telling you to use the search bar.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I agree with you he is an amazing guitarist. Bad Horsie was my very first real... Heavy Metal song that I learned to play just like it is by the original artist. OMG the months of practice. He is an amazing tapper. and i have learned a lot. His songs can make practice more fun especially his 10hour guitar workout. it helped me when I started and I have been playing a few years (8) and to tell you the truth he is a lot better than people give him credit for. I mean think Freak Show Excess. Nuf Said. you cant get anything as crazy as that.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)