i just notice that im getting alot of string noise when i bend i didn't notice until it now since i play my acoustic more than my eletric and now that im playing my eletric guitar with distortion i get this string noise when i bend or release the bends

what can i do to eliminate the string noise?

any hep is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Practice, haha...nah but for real. Is it just when you are bending the string or when you let the string go?
In the Valley of Vung
what kind of string noise??? its maybe the distortion or when you bend then you hit other strings making it ring that make string noise, or you just really need a practise to mute other strings when your not hitting it..
i have the same problem each time i bend and then release i kinda pick the string above with my left hand :s and even when i mute it you can hear some noise when released
ONE thing PRACTISE just try to mute the strings as possibly you can... If sometimes for some guitarist that using thin gauge strings like 8s or 9s so they bend so much that they overpiched the note and hit the other strings.. But there is a solution,, try a thicker strings and that will help..

But just practise to mute those strings mostly when you are using distortion

Good luck
Quote by xxx_lionel_xxx
ONE thing PRACTISE just try to mute the strings as possibly you can... If sometimes for some guitarist that using thin gauge strings like 8s or 9s so they bend so much that they overpiched the note and hit the other strings.. But there is a solution,, try a thicker strings and that will help..

Good luck

thanks for the advice
this is for you
what kind of string noise??? its maybe the distortion or when you bend then you hit other strings making it ring that make string noise, or you just really need a practise to mute other strings when your not hitting it..

its the distortion that makes it noticeable

the problem is when i bend a full step im forced to touch the other strings depending how fast i do it the noise varies for example if i do it really quick i hit strings and they ring a little but is muted because my finger is still holding bend as i release the bend the strings that was touching my finger and was muted will start ringing because im taking off the pressure of the bend

im using light strings i dont want to change the strings because of the damm floyd rose is a pain the butt to readjust to different gaugess

the thing is i dont know what to practice when you mean mute you mean palm mute or mute with my fretting hand if it is with my fretting hand it be weird as hell because im using fingers 123 to do bend
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
its the distortion that makes it noticeable

the problem is when i bend a full step im forced to touch the other strings depending how fast i do it the noise varies for example if i do it really quick i hit strings and they ring a little but is muted because my finger is still holding bend as i release the bend the strings that was touching my finger and was muted will start ringing because im taking off the pressure of the bend

im using light strings i dont want to change the strings because of the damm floyd rose is a pain the butt to readjust to different gaugess

the thing is i dont know what to practice when you mean mute you mean palm mute or mute with my fretting hand if it is with my fretting hand it be weird as hell because im using fingers 123 to do bend

I had this problem, my guitar teacher recommended bending with 2 & 3 and using 1 to mute the strings.......im still getting used to it but it does work.