Yeah so I'm looking for a pickup combination to replace my "duncan designed" pickups in my schecter c1 plus. I want pickups that could pull off classic rock/blues rock very well. The tone I'm particularly looking for are jimmy page's tones (led zeppelin I, II, and how the west was won are my favorites). I've also been listening to the who a lot lately, and I like pete townshend's tone as well, particularly his distorted tone from baba o'riley.

As far as the other bands I like, I like classic rock and blues. the rolling stones, aerosmith, queen, stevie ray vaughan, jimi hendrix, and the beatles are other some other favorite bands and musicians of mine.

I am going to be using this guitar with a crate palomino v32 (class A tube amp for anyone who doesn't know).

I'm running the guitar through a wah pedal that is always set in the treble position by the way, just to give more high end and punch.

So what do you guys think about the 59/custom 5 combo? I can only spend up to $140 for my set of pickups, so please don't recommend very expensive pickups (such as the upgraded version of the seymour duncan 59, which is the seymour duncan seth lover)

Thanks
59 custom are pretty good great tone for a les paul, ive played them for awhile then switch to dimarzio super 2s
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
A Custom 5 with a 59 should be just about spot on for you. The Custom 5 has decent treble so you probably won't need to do the wah trick anymore.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 3, 2008,
I have a Custom 5 in one of my guitars, though I've only had it for a few days I'm feeling a bit iffy about it. It seems to have a bit of a spike in the higher mid range, it almost has a half-cocked wah sound at times for leads. I'm still messing around with the pickup height etc though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by ilikeguitar90
I'm running the guitar through a wah pedal that is always set in the treble position by the way, just to give more high end and punch....

Quote by timi_hendrix

I have a Custom 5 in one of my guitars, though I've only had it for a few days I'm feeling a bit iffy about it. It seems to have a bit of a spike in the higher mid range, it almost has a half-cocked wah sound at times for leads. I'm still messing around with the pickup height etc though.

Looks like a match made in heaven then
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
try the Custom if you want more treble. the Custom 5 has scooped mids. if you're looking for more mids, get the Custom.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
59s all around will do a better job, particularly for Page. I just hope you aren't expecting new pickups to magically get you LZI and LZII tones though...