Ok, so today somebody tells me that it matters more what you do on stage more than how well your music is--and that that makes you more remembered than if you have a great song--and thats what labels are looking for. For instance he said something about paramore and how they do some sort of flip **** when theres a guitar "solo". I thought he was full of ****, although i agree that image is very important.

If this has become the mentality of the general music population, then what has music come to--people compensating for ****ty music by jumping on other peoples backs??

What do you guys think of the present music industry?? Is it that fked up?
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by rocknskate4
Ok, so today somebody tells me that it matters more what you do on stage more than how well your music is--and that that makes you more remembered than if you have a great song--and thats what labels are looking for. For instance he said something about paramore and how they do some sort of flip **** when theres a guitar "solo". I thought he was full of ****, although i agree that image is very important.

If this has become the mentality of the general music population, then what has music come to--people compensating for ****ty music by jumping on other peoples backs??

What do you guys think of the present music industry?? Is it that fked up?

Its always been that way. Look at the 80's:

its a business, bands are products. I wouldn't worry about it. True artists still find success despite this.

just be true to yourself, and don't worry about what is supposedly "important".

Quote by bangoodcharlote
What's with all the whining in MT lately?

*Reported*

Lately ???
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by masterohumans
only if you want to be on a major label. Indie labels are more about music.

i dont believe that
though i do agree that bands should be judged on there music

on the other hand,
mindless self indulgence is a horrible band
but put on a helluva show