Thinking of buying a Washburn Idol 65 Pro. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the guitar or washburns in general because i want to make sure im getting something decent!
I <3 my Washburn Idol
I've got an X50PRO and it's a great guitar.

Haven't tried the Idol series though.
I was debating getting one of the mentioned guitars and all the reviews sounded very positive. I eventually got a Hamer because it felt right for me. I say go try out the Washburn because even though other peoples opinions are useful - everyone wants something different when it comes to playability.
Last edited by xharass_natox at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by xharass_natox
I was debating getting one of the mentioned guitars and all the reviews sounded very positive. I eventually got a Hamer because it felt right for me. I say go try out the Washburn because even though other peoples opinions are useful - everyone wants something different when it comes to playability.

+1
great value if you're in the UK. Very nice for the money, can embarass guitars at twice the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a Washburn Idol and it is very good for its price range, the best in its price range dare I say.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Mwoit
+1

Those models are going for £250 which is ridiculous! http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/270

yeah, just as long as they aren't b-stock. would be worth checking out, just in case.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The only washburn brand item I own is a 3rd rate distortion that is collecting dust in the back of my closet. But Washburn guitars I do enjoy. And some pros like Sonny Mayo of Sevendust use them.
Washburn has had a good reputation for years! Never tried one though!
I reveiwed the WI-64V for this month's FrugalGuitarist and it was a nice guitar. A little neck heavy and there were some rough fret ends which was surprising in this price range but overall a nice guitar. The VCC controls are cool, but you do loose traditional tone controls.
^ just be careful you aren't falling foul of advertising rules here... it's probably best if you remove that link from your sig.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not sure the quality of this idol but I have two idols from the bsg custom shop in pittsburg and needless to say they are the true les paul killer. get it